1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty AVR100 Views...

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by kevshed, Nov 25, 2003.

1. kevshed

kevshed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I posted this some time ago in the recievers thread - no replies.. maybe this is a better forum. - problem below...

Came home today, switched on my Arcam AVR100 in the lounge to watch the news... and nothing - well, not entirely nothing.

Standby light, turns green - and you hear the power on 'click' of the transformer...

But, no front Display, no volume... no nothing.

Remote still powers the reciever on/off ok though..

Any ideas.. is there such a thing as a hard reset procedure (clutching i know).... issue for me is that the unit is out of warranty and not worth much - so i debateable if its worth repairing. Any opionions of what the problem could be? (I have whipped off the lid and checked for loose connections between the boards (being optimistic)... but nothing. I also couldnt see any fuses (but i didnt spend much time looking... had the mrs shouting at me to get some sound on hehe)

Advice welcomed please........ I now have my p7/av8 setup, but would still like to use this in a second room if its cost effective to repair... could even debug is myself if i could get my hands on the service manual.

Kev

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kev,
    Haven't got a clue mate, I would have thought a quick call to Tech support will point you in the right direction.

Sorry its no help

Regards
    John

3. kevshed

kevshed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    yeah, i just need to pick up the phone.... Arcam Email support doesnt seem to work (have sent 6 emails now...)

Thx for the post anyway ! :)

4. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never had an email of mine answered yet, I think that they have very strong filters, but when you speak to them they are very helpful.

I believe that you have to put something very specific in the email title to get through their anti spam filters, but having said that its something Arcam really need to address as email is such a common comunication these days.

Regards
    John

5. kevshed

kevshed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Just to post an update on this. Great support from Arcam on this forum, as they gladly supplied me the service manual for the AVR100 free of charge - this enabled me to trace the problem to a dry joint.. and i fixed it. !

Great support - This is why i buy Arcam and FMJ... and use this forum... great resource !

Cheers
    Kev