1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty AV32R EX SP + DAB

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Barry.NI, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I sold the above AV32R to someone in Paris, it has developed a problem, for which he is requesting a possible diagnosis, whilst his written French is quite good, he gets a bit mixed up on the technical side, so I have agreed to act as his proxy;

The unit switches on and self tests O.K. after 1-2 minutes, the sound goes off, and the message 'input over range'. Disconnecting the power chord, resets the unit, but it again cuts out after 2 minutes. He mainly listens to FM with a T32R., and also a non TAG DVD player. He is wondering about sending it back to IAG for a BP 192 upgrade to the latest specification as of the demise of TAG. Has anyone upgraded an SP AV32R lately, and if so how much and how long? Are there any good deals from dealers which may be cheaper than an upgrade? Is there s procedure for resetting the whole unit, other than disconnecting the power chord?

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    And while it's the season of fault finding I suspect the internal 96/48K VCXO has died. A test for this is try to play a CD via a digital input and see if it works. Also see if the speaker calibration tones work as that will use the 44.1K VCXO.

4. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Stevesky,

You are quite right, it is an AV32R I sold to Bruno, who lives in Paris. Whilst his English is good, he has a little trouble writing technical comments. I said I would act as a go between, but my email arrived after he had posted his thread, apologies for the duplication. Could you explain briefly what a VCXO? I shall then summarise in an email to Bruno, however I feel that a DP upgrade would be his best course of action, depending on price.