Faulty Arcam 6 CD Player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by muso1952, Jan 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. muso1952

muso1952
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My arcam 6 cd player has just developed a fault. On some cds it skips tracks and gives a cracking noise. It's almost as if the player is having difficulty reading the disc. Does it require cleaning or is it something more sinister?

2. Turbouser

Turbouser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's worth trying a cleaning disc, assuming your CDs aren't damaged in some way. If the cleaning disc doesn't improve it, give Avondale Audio a ring, they'll likely know what the problem is and will advise the best course of action if you want to repair it.
    Some years ago now they repaired the loading tray on mine and replaced some components known to give problems, it's still going strong.

3. muso1952

muso1952
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response I know Avondale, a good outfit. I will give them a ring.
    By the way I did replace the tray wheel myself about a year ago, very fiddly job!!