Faulty 2nd hand LCD screen.. please HELP!

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by mongo_pete, Jun 19, 2005.

1. mongo_pete

mongo_pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I recently bought a second hand in-car LCD screen. When I plug my dvd player, ps2 or digi cam in to it I get a picture but it scrolls up the screen giving an image not too unlike an untuned t.v. (the image is almost unrecognizable but definitely there)

I have taken the screen apart and checked most of the components inside with a multimeter, I have come across a Capacitor ,labeled C61 on the circuit board, that gives a Over Load reading on the multimeter, i.e. it is not conducting, when tested both ways round as I'm not sure wether it is electrolytic or not.
    The writing on the Capacitor says 30J, 3KV but there is no farad reading.

Do you have any idea how to calculate the farad reading? And could this be the source of my problem?

I'm afraid I have no model number for the LCD screen but I'm pretty sure its not one of the main manufacturers as the screen or instruction booklet (which i have misplaced) do not have a company name on them .

This is all the info I can provide :-

Board labelled - T7O5 - 1BC (could be letter O or number 0 after the 7 it is not clear)

Main Chip on
    circuit board

Phillips
    P89C54UBA
    MD1B9138
    Aer0040
    (not sure of O's or zeros)
    This chip is probably used in many different screen but it may help.

LCD I/P board
    Where signal
    From main baboardGoes

Sharp K2534TP
    N191CKA-A

Code on LCD
    Inside case -

LQO7OT5BGO1 12930279T

(Again I'm not sure of O's or zeros, sorry)

I may be able to get photos soon but none as yet sorry!
    Please help as this screen set me back near £100 so I'm kinda keen to get it working!!

2. mongo_pete

mongo_pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. mongo_pete

mongo_pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0