Faults: Headset, 360 Guide... Advice pls?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Waynej, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I'm having a problem, which is really starting to **** me off now.

When in a private chat... after a while, the person i'm talking to will cut off, and then theres a buzzing sound. I then press the Guide button to goto private chat to end the chat. But as i go to do that, the guide locks up. The game or film i may have been watching can still be seen running in the background.

So whats at fault? Is it my 360, my headset?

I was using rechargable AA batteries for a while as I thought that may have been the problem. I purchased a Play and charge kit, and this did seem to fix the problem for a few days, but its started happening again recently.

=========================

So, what I'd like to know is, has anyone else here experienced the same or similar problems? and if so what did they do to fix it?

2. gillette 73

gillette 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    i have been having problems since the last update. everytime i try and use anything on my dashboard while waiting for a turn in online game fro example retrieve a message , check who i'm playing ...it completely locks up, cant press any buttons can't go back just have to turn the whole machine off and reboot.
    saying that the headsets are very fragile , i have had two that have broken one where the mic part stopped working and one where the ear piece connection gave up. i.e. one where i could here them they could not hear me and one vice versa.
    luckily rang ms and they replaced both within a couple of days in the post and did not want the faulty ones returned.
    Itry to do all dashborad stuff before or after i have background stuff going....should not have too but for the time being seems the only way till they fix the last update with a patch.
    reading on other threads many have had problems since the last update.:(
    hope this helps you at least your not the only one.;)