1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fault with picture on FQ75.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rob20, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    I've noticed a fault with the picture on my parents 32" Sony FQ75. Basically at certain times, (dependant on what's being shown on the screen), purple patches are noticeable in the lower right corner. 2 small patches infact. It seems to me that the purple patches are mainly visible if the screen is displaying a strong red colour in that area at the time. Can anyone suggest what this is as the tv is still under warranty. Parents haven't mentioned it to be honest, so I'm more concrened about the possibilty of it worsening.

2. shymonk

shymonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it sounds a lot like the tube is under some magnetic influence.....try moving the tv to the center of the room and restart it. if this clears colours then u know that the enviroment is to blame.. i have found a thousand things that cause this ...alarmpanels from nextdoor....iron drainpipes etc (exsonyregionalservice)http://www.avforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1399403#

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    or another example of Sony's poor purity setup..................

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Cheers for the reply. It sits right next to a radiator. Could that be causing it? Most of the time it's barely noticeable, if at all. Will try moving the set to see if location is at fault as you suggested. I must admit my first thought was that it was being affected by something magnetic. Just couldn't think where the magnetic field would be coming from!?

5. Chris Hedlund

Chris Hedlund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My CRT monitor on the computer was the same. It sat on a desk near a radiator and had colour bleed in one corner.

I changed it under guarantee and the second set was slightly worse.

I moved house (bit drastic :) ) and that same monitor is now perfect.

Cheers Chris

6. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, yes - radiators are a 'classic' source of magnetism. Regards, yt.

7. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Cheers. Odd how previous tvs didn't seem to be affected!? still, I'll try moving it this weekend to see if that helps.

8. jamesb

jamesb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the very same problem with the fq75.. same corner and all.. some days it was more noticable and some days hardly at all. i had moved every piece of electrical equipment away.. no radiators near it either.. but didn't change anything.
    if you turn off the tv (using the on-off button on the telly rather than the remote) and then turn on the tv again.. it will degauss the telly and sometimes this helped in reducing the size of the stain.
    should we mention the scrolling bars! :)

9. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    You mean the scrolling bar that goes from left to right. Must admit, I haven't noticed it recently. Though have done so from time to time. There was a feature in 'Which' magazine that cited the problem. Sony (when asked) said it was a feature of the tv or something. I have a Sony 21" tv where you can see a sort of banding underneath the picture. It was easy to see when there was no signal to the tv, but it was on. It was also visible at times when there was a signal. Too trivial to return it for repair though.