• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

fault with HD, Albatron 30" LCD TV Model LWX-30AMS-1

cbeevers

Standard Member
Hi all.

I've tried searching for info on the 30" LCD TV/Monitor from Albatron.

I bought this second hand about a year ago with about 18 month warrentee on it.

I've recently bought a PS3 +component cable to test the HD.

I've found that there is no display on Component one (which when pressing info on the tv remote says 1080i). However this works on the 2nd component but can only get 476i(apparently standard) resolution.

I was told by the person I bought it off that I need to configure the component one for HD(don't believe him however, and the company who sold it him are out of business and the manufacturers haven't replied to email.

Am I chasing a lost cause, as this still works and only cost me £250.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris:)

DrugstoreCowboy

Established Member
Have you tried resetting the PS3? I don't own one myself but have heard of similar problems - I think you hold down the power button for 3+ seconds and it should pick up the connection.

cbeevers

Standard Member
Hi DrugstoreCowboy.

Sorry, forgot to put that. Yeh I tried that and even took my ps3 to a friends house and it did output the display at 1080i.

But on mine it just gives me a blue screen which indicates no display on the compo 1.

Thanks
Chris.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom