1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fault Tolerance

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by djjimbob, Sep 23, 2003.

1. djjimbob

djjimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've jsut got delivery of a Toshiba 32" PF2 set and I think the geometry is slightly fooked on it.

Basically in Cinema mode the black border at the top of the screen on the left is about 1cm, whilst on the right it grows to about 1.5-2cm.

I think this is unacceptable on a 1K+ TV.

I have already called Robertson's and apparently Toshie will replace and I can live with it for now.

Is this sort of thing common on 32" sets?

Should this have been picked up at Quality Control?

Is a 1cm slope within the bounds of customer acceptance?

Jimbob

2. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    What source are you watching. Anything through the RGB scart on my Sony KD-32DX40 telly can be adjusted. In the menus it has RGB rotation so if I feed my dvd player through the rgb scart the picture can be rotated either way to correct these errors. Theres a slider or something giving + or - 5, degrees? (I don't know but it's a small amount. I don't think there's a facility for adjusting normal pic though, through an areial.

However does sound quite bad on your set I wouldn't have thought such an error would have been within the bounds of acceptance.

cosaw