Fault on Sony KDL46W400 - single blue line appears?

deehell

Standard Member
I have had the very good Sony KDL46W400 for 4 years 10 months and have an intermittent fault with pixel lines vertically across the screen - always in the same place. See composite pic attached.

Any thoughts? I have it on a 5 year extended warranty so tempted just to call them in - but the intermittent nature means it will be sod's law it doesn't show up when they visit.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

vickster

Distinguished Member
I'd call before the warranty runs out ;) Show them the photos

Caimbeul

Novice Member
Hi, I had a 46" W4000 and this developed a yellow vertical line down the side which would always be on at startup and then go after a while. Had it repaired under warranty (Domestic&General) the panel was replaced and it was ok for a very short time, then it developed the exactly the same fault in the same place, went away again, came back, developed the same issue again followed by a blue line on the other side. Both would go after a while but they were staying for longer. They gave me a cheque to replace it with an equivalent (not in cost) TV as they could not repair it.

Hope this is of use to you. But i would get it in ASAP. The company that caried out the reapir came ot the house to pickup and drop off and it took about a week (i made sure i kept the TV until they had the parts in from Japan! lol) no sense being stick with the 26" from the bedroom any longer than need be!

deehell

Standard Member
So, I duly logged the service call with D&G on 3 April After multiple chasing calls to them, and their customer service team, finally spoke to a complaints manager yesterday who says that they've more or less given up - as SONY are refusing to answer their emails or calls - and that I now have to find my own repair person to conduct an inspection (which they'll pay for) and then approve whatever repair is necessary.

Two queries:
1) has anyone else had this kind of service from Domestic and General/Sony before? If so, what did you do?
2) any recommendations about how to find a repair service that does 46" TVs in the HP8 (South Bucks) areas as the ones I google all seem to be referral networks run by marketing organisations?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom