1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fault in my Sharp XV-380H

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Murphyprecht, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Murphyprecht

Murphyprecht
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.
    Can anyone recommend someone able to service my projector in the Glasgow area? I'm getting flickering on screen which does not appear to be associated with the bulb or LCD panels since it doesn't happen on the blue screen or menu just the video inout from all inputs (RCA and SVHS) originally thought it was a dodgy cable but unfortunatley no.

Help me out plz guys, I'm missing the cinema room already :lease:

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    possibly due to leaking surface mount capacitors for this age machine, maybe better off to consider upgrading, but beware, you might have to wear sunglasses if you do :)

3. Murphyprecht

Murphyprecht
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This a common problem ptek? It is old but I got it new from Hi-Tech, a snip at £3k and after all this time it's became part of the family lol :D

Seriously I'd prefer a repair to upgrade in the short term since I've got more pressing commitments for my heard earned for the time being eg. Impending timing belt and full service on my 3000GT and a trip to Canada in a few months.

:thumbsup:

4. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean, your best bet is to contact Sharp for a referral to your nearest Sharp ASC, but be prepared to pay for estimation fee when you take to repairer, you could also use it as a bonnet badge for your 3000GT, only joking ofcoarse! :)

5. Murphyprecht

Murphyprecht
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definately wouldn't help the drag lol, guessing there probably arent many tv repair men would tackle it you think? I mean this is definately an issue with the video input (possible preamp) since the blue screen and menu's are unaffected?

6. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keep in mind your first outlay, do you really want someone who may not have worked on one before or not confident with the product, you may find someone with "no quote fees" to look at your unit, but keep in mind, anyone willing to work for free as a business have to make costs other ways!, someone pays for free quotes, your better off dealing with a repairer that has contact or connections with Sharp.

If your GT3000 needed reboring, would you go to a general mechanic or deal with someone who rebores engines?