Fatal1ty F-I90HD X1250 please help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Jaseb1, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Jaseb1

Jaseb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I have recently built a new htpc based around the abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD, i purchased a new tv to connect it to a samsung le32m87bdx. I have the htpc connected to the tv via its onboard hdmi connector using the onboard graphics ati X1250 at 1360x768.

The problem i have is a flickering desktop this can be intermittent comes and goes, but when playing a DVD or any video i get major stuttering with both video and audio. The screen will even go black for a few seconds then return.

If i drop the resolution down to 1280x720 the flickering and stuttering stops.

If i connect the htpc to the TV via vga at 1360x768 the flickering and the stuttering stop.

I have installed the latest drivers from ati's site but this makes no difference.

Do you think this could be a problem with my onboard graphics or a problem with the tv.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is now driving me nuts.

System specs

Antec fusion v2 case
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD
    Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C5 TwinX
    Samsung 250g HD
    Vista ultimate 32 bit

Thanks Jase

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Check the Abit forum, that board has lots of problems, get an Nvidia card which has HDMI or an Nvidia 8400GS....

3. Naaktgeboren

Naaktgeboren
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,434
    I have the same board and I think it is fantastic, I have had none of the problems others have reported.

What bios revision are you using? I would suggest updating to version 14.

I have none of the problems you mention. What refresh rate are you running, try at 50mhz. I seem to remember reading that Samsung TV's can be a little funny with PC connections, try searching for this. If you are running the latest bios, I would look into the possibilty that your TV is not happy with the connection.

See if you can source a graphics card and make a dvi-hdmi connection to your TV, providing you are running the latest graphics drivers and the problem remains, that will give you the best indication that the TV is the problem.

4. Jaseb1

Jaseb1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what bios version i have i will have to check.

My TV can not receive a 50 Hz refresh rate at 1360x768 so can not try this.

I have tried a 50 Hz refresh rate at 1280x720 which works fine, but so does 60Hz at that resolution.

The only way i can try a graphics card is to buy one which i don't really want to do just to find out it is the TV.

Thanks Jase