Question Faster Downloads

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope I have this in the right forum here .I am a proud owner of a a Samsung 7500 TV and at the moment it is connecting to my BT infinity fibre optic broadband wirelessly. I have my sky box connected to internet via Ethernet cable from the wall socket via one of those plug in internet wall plugs at the moment everything is ok but not very fast downloading stuff from sky.Would it be a good idea to have my Tv & blue ray player connected by Ethernet or OK to leave as has it is.This my broadband speed and these are the plugs i use is there anyway i can improve anything though my system to make things download faster http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003L78F6U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 44
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Can't see the download speed on that screenshot, it's obscured by the graph.
When you say the Sky box is slow, how slow compared to other devices as I'm on Infinity and my Sky box definitely does not download at my max speed?

Nothing wrong with your speeds. I have everything wireless inc sky box, I get approx 30mbps download and 10 upload and my stuff downloads pretty quick so not sure why your sky is taking so long? Unless the wall socket is dodgy?? Do you have a wireless sky box?

No I do not think so i have got that though cable connection

If you have the later sky box it will have wifi, I think it's the 1tb and 2tb box that gets the wifi.

There's a huge thread in Sky's forum here:
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archive...mand-service-is-very-slow/td-p/666914/page/21

I'd say the box has an issue downloading at decent speeds. As I mentioned above I'm on Infinity 42Mbps. A 5GB file would download on my PC in just about 10 minutes for example, but a 2GB HD program on Sky would take far longer to download. I'd say it's the crappy processing ability on the piece of crap cheap Sky box we all have.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom