(fast replies needed) Making final decision on my first subwoofer for home theater. HSU VTF-2 MK5 or two Klipsch R-112SW 12" subs that are on sale?

mbhome

Looking for fast replies because I'm not sure how long the Klipsch subs will be on sale if you all recommend buying them!

Here's my room setup here with dimensions. I just bought a nice receiver, and ELAC Debut 2.0 6.2 speakers for a 5.1 setup. Now I need subs. I had been mentally set on an HSU sub. My two HSU options were the or the HSU VTF-2 MK5 for $540ish or HSU VTF-3 MK5 for $800 ish. I think I was going to get one HSU VTF-2 MK5 because I just have this gut feeling that will be REALLY good for me, somebody who's never had any nice setup like this. I could be wrong but anyway, was leaning that way to save a few hundred.

However, somebody just pointed out this big sale on: Kkipsch R-112SW 12" 600W subs they'd be $300 each. So now I have to decide between these or the single HSU sub.

What would you do?

Note that my ELAC speakers are black, and the Klipsch one is cherry... I can't decide if that's a bad move and would look ugly, or if it's cool, I guess I'm open to input on that too.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Looking for fast replies because I'm not sure how long the Klipsch subs will be on sale if you all recommend buying them!

Here's my room setup here with dimensions. I just bought a nice receiver, and ELAC Debut 2.0 6.2 speakers for a 5.1 setup. Now I need subs. I had been mentally set on an HSU sub. My two HSU options were the or the HSU VTF-2 MK5 for $540ish or HSU VTF-3 MK5 for $800 ish. I think I was going to get one HSU VTF-2 MK5 because I just have this gut feeling that will be REALLY good for me, somebody who's never had any nice setup like this. I could be wrong but anyway, was leaning that way to save a few hundred.

However, somebody just pointed out this big sale on: Kkipsch R-112SW 12" 600W subs they'd be $300 each. So now I have to decide between these or the single HSU sub.

What would you do?

Note that my ELAC speakers are black, and the Klipsch one is cherry... I can't decide if that's a bad move and would look ugly, or if it's cool, I guess I'm open to input on that too.

HSU without doubt! I would jump on the VTF-3 MK5 straight away, unless it`s too large physically! The value/performance ratio can´t be beaten really. You will upgrade to it at some point anyway so i think you should get it now and add second in future. ;) Klipsch won´t compete with the VTF-2 either so stick with HSU.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom