Fast Racing League

Tazbot

Prominent Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of us that would like a F-Zero U, me included. I stumbled across Fast Racing League (made by Nano Assault guys, Shinen) and can't believe I missed this game - it received excellent reviews and looks and plays just like a F-Zero game made by Nintendo.

If you played the GameCube version F-Zero GX and thought its visuals looked stunning, then Fast Racing League looks just as good; It's on WiiWare on the Wii and costs 1000pts.

Sorry mods if this game should've been in the Wii threads so feel free to move :smashin: I just thought it would be good in the Wii U games section 'cos I know there are a few who would perhaps be interested in this.

Check it out here;

REVIEW – FAST Racing League (Wii Ware) – TheBitBlock

They have a couple of Wii U games in development. Not sure they have announced the details yet, but it was rumoured that one was an update to this.

They have a couple of Wii U games in development. Not sure they have announced the details yet, but it was rumoured that one was an update to this.

Hope so, looks good but I would rather hold out for a HD version with online mulitplayer.

I'll move this to the Wii Games section but leave a long-lasting link here as well :).

It's a real shame that Nintendo ignored the Wii for the F-Zero series and is leaving it up to 3rd parties to fill in the void. I wonder if we'll get an "official" new F-Zero for the WiiU or if the series is dead?

Wonder why I can't see any comments when I click on this thread :confused:

Anyway, Shin'en has announced they are working on Fast Racing Neo, should be one to watch.

Due next year, can't wait to see some footage.

Wonder why I can't see any comments when I click on this thread :confused:

Anyway, Shin'en has announced they are working on Fast Racing Neo, should be one to watch.

Due next year, can't wait to see some footage.

I think it's the merging of this Wii U thread into the Wii thread, obviously it needs sorting by the mods :)

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up Lee and this is a game to give us our (F-Zero like) fast racing fix next year.

Shin'en's new game for Wii U is called Fast Racing Neo | Wii U

I've played the demo of the Wii version and it looks and plays just like F-Zero on GameCube. Looking forward to this HD version :D

I can see the comments fine......hmmmm.....may just be the new forum layout, I'll look into it.

EDIT: OK, So after re-merging and re-moving, the thread should "work" as normal.
There should also be a redirect in the Wii Games section.
Let me know if it doesn't work and i'll try to find an alternate fix :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the first trailer. For such a small company Shin'en are fantastic at getting great visuals out of the hardware they work on. They created a 3D starfox type shoot-em-up on the GBA called Iridion (I think) which was amazing for the time. Nintendo should snap them up and give them the F-Zero licence to work on.

Like others I have not seen this before and was really quite impressed watching the video review above. For a 40mb game I just can't believe how great this looks. The levels look interesting and fairly detailed, the ship models look good and it all flies by at 60 fps. Sadly the local multiplayer will probably get little use in my house as my son doesn't really like racing games and it's not the wife's cup of tea.

As has been said however, when release an online HD version of this (which it looks like they may be doing next year with Fast Racing Neo) then I will be all over it!

They mean it'll have 4-8k textures which is pretty hi-res stuff (it's what the PS4/XB1 versions of Assassin's Creed 4 used for the sea textures for example).

They mean it'll have 4-8k textures which is pretty hi-res stuff (it's what the PS4/XB1 versions of Assassin's Creed 4 used for the sea textures for example).

But everyone has said that the Wii U is 'last gen' and isn't a 'capable' console :rolleyes: :facepalm: :smashin:

Last edited:
'Everyone' obviously doesn't include Shin'en who are absolute geniuses when it comes to Nintendo hardware. I hope this sells well because they deserve to have their effort rewarded.

'Everyone' obviously doesn't include Shin'en who are absolute geniuses when it comes to Nintendo hardware. I hope this sells well because they deserve to have their effort rewarded.

Precisely m8 - look at the racing game on Wii, then look at Nano Assault Neo on Wii U (great looking game graphically) - they really do know how to use Wii U hardware.

I've got high hopes for this game.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom