• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fast MKV to MP4 converter other than handbrake

ScouserAndy

Established Member
Been using handbrake on my new MBP but im not happy with the conversion speeds. I used XenonMKV to convert on my old tosh sat pro laptop and that was pretty quick. I use the preset for Apple TV2 in handbrake.

Another problem im encountering is that when streaming to apple tv 2, the audio only works when i send it through the amp, the sound doesnt work when i bypass the amp and go straight to the TV.

Any advice would be great :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 27989

You are not comparing apples with apples. XenonMKV doesn't convert/transcode it repackages, very different thing.

A combination of mp4box and mkvtools can do it I think, but it is not for the faint hearted.

D

Deleted member 27989

Haven't come across them, and to be honest even on a PC I've not been that lucky with repacking as something was always wrong in the original file. A 1.5 hour movie takes about 20 minutes on my current machine so that is not too bad.

I think MattC has had more success with repacking it, he'll pop around at some stage no doubt.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom