Fast & Furious 9 Movie Review & Comments

Anyone who decides to pay a visit to the cinema to watch this you would be better of giving it to charity I'm sure you will feel so much better. Otherwise eventually we will get to F20 where all the actors are in wheelchairs with rockets on.

Thanks for the review Tom but I didn’t read it…:D
Only because I’ve booked tickets for tomorrow for me and Mrs N. But this isn’t about the film which I would normally wait for in iTunes or disc.
It’s about getting out out and in the cinema again for the first time in I can’t remember.
Once I’ve seen it I’ll come back and mark it down a point or two

Thanks Tom,
Oh My.
Oh No.
Really, No.
I'd even watch Germany versus Hungary again over this.

I was sure they’d done some CGI work to the younger characters especially the fellow playing Dom, there was just something off about them.
Agree mostly with the review, I said in the other thread the longer these films get the more tedious they get. I hope they can do a handbrake turn for the finale.

The only thing that would make me watch this is that some was filmed in Edinburgh. Just not sure how much was though ?

I'd watch Indy 4 over this dreck (and any of its predecessors) any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I am pleased to report I have never seen any of these movies, and the more they make the less I want to.

Why do people feel the need to come on threads about films they’re never going to watch, to tell the people who will watch it that they won’t be watching it.

It’s all a bit sad really.

Why do people feel the need to come on threads about films they’re never going to watch, to tell the people who will watch it that they won’t be watching it.

It’s all a bit sad really.
So, the thread should just be full of people saying "I'm going to watch it" and "me too"?
Tom wrote a good Review, and based on his review I for instance have decided not to watch it and have commented as such. The comment section is for comments, I believe.

A second trusty 6 of the day! Love it! :D

Cheers though, and it seems fair once again by the sounds of it.

So, the thread should just be full of people saying "I'm going to watch it" and "me too"?
Tom wrote a good Review, and based on his review I for instance have decided not to watch it and have commented as such. The comment section is for comments, I believe.

Clearly not what I said.

There is a huge difference between reading a review and deciding not to watch a film based on that, versus “I’ve never seen one of these and I never will!”

So what? I’ve never owned a Ford Mondeo and never will - I don’t go on Ford Mondeo forums telling them that.

Last edited:
Oh well. Can’t say I give the slightest fudge. I won’t be watching thi….. oh wait, I should not be coming here to say I won’t be watching this.

I must be one of those sad people.

Was meant to have seen this last night in Swindon, my friend who booked us in via our unlimited cards booked us in for Thursday night instead so upon arrival we had no seats/tickets, ended up jumping into Hitmans wife and Bodyguard? How did that film go so wrong?!!!
Think of the two films F9 probably is the better pick of a limited option of films currently, at least until Black Widow arrives next month anyway.

I gave up on this series a long time ago, it been crap for ages. The first Point Break rip off film was by far and away the best.

The first couple of this franchise were entertaining enough if you didn't want to tax the brain cells with anything complex, such as plot, narrative, character or, well, pretty much anything other than cars being driven fast.
This just smacks of a long dead equine being flogged, so I think I'll pass.

If you're one of the many people who have discounted the franchise based on its first entries, I highly recommend jumping in to Fast5 and Furious6. Two incredibly fun, OTT, well constructed and enjoyably self aware action movies.

Since Fast5 they have had more in common with Mission: Impossible than with the first 3 movies, a fact that even the characters on screen comment on. A surprisingly intelligent thread through the sequels 5-9 is thier commentary on both action movies in general and how unfeasible and ludicrous (Ludacris?) the events of their own movies are.

Not saying for one second they're a work of genius but a little critical reappraisal is certainly due from those who quite rightly tapped out around 2Fast or Tokyo Drift.

Saw this last night and yes it’s utterly ridiculous but I still thoroughly enjoyed it all the same.
Ridiculous but it’s a good fun turn your brain off for a couple of hours movie.

If you're one of the many people who have discounted the franchise based on its first entries, I highly recommend jumping in to Fast5 and Furious6. Two incredibly fun, OTT, well constructed and enjoyably self aware action movies.

Since Fast5 they have had more in common with Mission: Impossible than with the first 3 movies, a fact that even the characters on screen comment on. A surprisingly intelligent thread through the sequels 5-9 is thier commentary on both action movies in general and how unfeasible and ludicrous (Ludacris?) the events of their own movies are.

Not saying for one second they're a work of genius but a little critical reappraisal is certainly due from those who quite rightly tapped out around 2Fast or Tokyo Drift.
I watched through to 7, as well as hobbs and shaw, my negatives are around the increasingly ridiculous driving stunts its no Ronin.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom