Fast & Furious 5 Cinema Review

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Cas Harlow, 25th April 2011.
Anybody who has seen 2009's Fast & Furious should know exactly what to expect from this latest entry in the seemingly unstoppable franchise. I certainly enjoyed that movie, it was a strong contender for the best of the bunch, and this year's sequel, Fast Five, manages to deliver an enjoyable, flashy, often unintentionally funny, stunts-laden action-vehicle, whilst catering for a massive family reuinion of pretty-much all the actors ever involved in the series. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson makes a welcome entry as the new dumb muscle in town, chasing down the underground racers-turned-bank robbers around the streets of Rio as they take on a nasty crime lord and the corrupt cops on his payroll. Unfortunately, even for a brainless blockbuster, the plot is hampered by a highly unnecessary and immensely slow segment in the middle - which could have easily been left out - but it's still bolstered by some fun foot- and street-chases, a plethora of increasingly over-the-top stunts and a welcome showdown between Vin Diesel and The Rock; and the end result should leave most Fast & Furious fans satisfied.

Read the full review...

Great review by the way although i did not think the middle dragged out so much but thats just my opinion

i thought this was an amzing film and like you said a definate contender for the best in series shame its the last one but definatly one of the best.

and Dwayne johnson when i saw he was in this film was kind of dredding it as hes not the greatest actor but he pulled it off okay ( some bits where crap)

i thought this was an amzing film and like you said a definate contender for the best in series shame its the last one but definatly one of best.

Sorry I didn't reply fully sooner but I was just wondering if you'd watched the credits? A couple of minutes in there's an extra scene which gives a fairly big hint at a further film...

Glad you liked the review, cheers, Cas

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom