Fast Forward problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by FizzyFizz, Sep 20, 2007.

1. FizzyFizz

FizzyFizz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please could someone with a Sky HD box confirm if this issue happens with them too.
    I had a Sky+ box for 5 years with virtually no problems but since subscribing to Sky HD I've already had two boxes in 4 months. Both of which were riddled with bugs.
    But one thing that irritates me more than anything is a problem when fast forwarding.
    If I press fast forward on a recorded program the picture freezes for a second and then forwards depending on the speed... unless it's forwarding on 30%. It'll be fine forwarding into the first 8 -10 minutes but then it whizzes off, missing out chunks of about 5 - 10 minutes at a time!
    This never used to happen with my old Sky+ box. Does this happen to anyone else?

I also have problems on programs with scrolling text (like the text that scrolls across the bottom of Sky News). It'll be fine for a few seconds, then it goes all fuzzy and unreadable.... then it's ok again!
    I know it's not my TV as when I view Sky News via Freeview, the scrolling text is ok.

Thanks V much

2. FizzyFizz

FizzyFizz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whoops, just seen an earlier thread on this very subject!
    Apologies for not checking first.