fAST ANSWER NEEDED!!

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

There is a bit of software that is around and I cannot remember its name......You load this free software and it finds ALL YOUR DRIVERS and copies them to a folder so you can burn it and use after you re-install the OS.................................But, I cannot remember the name!!

ANYBODY?????????? :smashin:

CHEERS

icemanonline

It's probably better to re-download them all as you are guaranteed to get the latest versions that way rather than ones which have been sat on your machine for an age.

Grab your network driver before you reinstall though as there is nothing worse than your new install starting up and you being unable to get on the internet to download that one particular driver :)

Driver.Magician,will backup all your drivers and will also download via its online database any drivers that you may need and not have.

I have never tried it, but couldn't you not just copy the entire drivers folder from windows containing everyone of your systems drivers before formatting.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Then just restore the drivers you want manually after the reinstall.

I have never tried it, but couldn't you not just copy the entire drivers folder from windows containing everyone of your systems drivers before formatting.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Then just restore the drivers you want manually after the reinstall.

No, you would need at least the C:\WINDOWS\inf folder as well. Best to use a proper bit of software for this or always download drivers to a specific place (eg C:\Downloads\Drivers) to make them easy to find and backup. I copy drivers from CDs to the same place for the same reason.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom