Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Farenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Miyazaki, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
  2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    It's gone down like a acid pill amongst certain Americans. Guess who? ;)

3. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
  4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +944
    i'm just reading Moore's book 'Stupid White Men' and i've got Bowling for Columbine on order, so hopefully i will have finished both before i see this new doc. Anyone had the chance to see it yet?, how critical(of Bush) is this one?

5. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Just seen it and all I can say is "SCARY" :eek:
    It´s a wonder the CIA haven´t knocked Moore off for this one.
    Amazing to think that the most powerful man in the world has the interlectual capacitity of a boiled potato.

Won´t say anything more just watch it if you dare.
    10/10 for bravery Mr. Moore

If you like this style of film check out The Corperation also looks very good

6. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Where did you download it from?

I am downloading a cam file of it at the moment, but I need to see it before it comes out here!

Nevermind Moore, i'm surprised the CIA haven't knocked off Rumsfeld or Bush yet. They are far more dangerous than Kennedy ever was!

7. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
  8. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I am just the same Games Guru I just had to see it so I got the cam version from bittorrent. It´s suprisingly good quality.

9. Chanser

Chanser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Now now no dodgy stuff here ;).

10. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Just seen this film. I am absolutely amazed, at a loss for words.

I urge everyone to see this film as soon as they can.

11. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
    try to get a hold of a copy of this book: The War On Freedam- How and Why America was Attacked, September 11, 2001, by N. Ahmed & J. Leonard

if you haven't read it already. You'll be even more lost for words :)

12. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,001
    Moore has stated he wants the DVD out before the elections in November so stand by for a quick DVD release.

13. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Just got back from my hols in Toronto - we saw this film, I thought it was brilliant. VERY funny in some places, hard-hitting in others...

Really made me think about a lot of issues I hadn't seriously thought about before. There is a lot of stuff about the mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq and her grief, this is quite upsetting. It made me reflect more deeply than I had previously on the plight of mothers and families of, say, Iraqi soldiers (or even civilians) killed due to this war.

Moore has much less screen time than previous movies I have seen of his. I suppose the material speaks for itself.

Time and I suppose public opinion will tell, but my feeling on leaving this movie was that I truly had witnessed a "masterpiece" - the pinnacle of a creative individual's work.

I would echo the sentiments expressed by Games Guru - you must see this film.

14. proFeign

proFeign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I'm a college student in California, and I just want to let you know that I, personally know NOT A SINGLE PERSON who is not embarrased to have George W. Bush running our country.

W is a :censored: embarassment and what he's done is roundly despised by everyone I personally know.

It's hard for us to believe there are still people in this country that support him.

Anyway, not all Americans are idiots...

profeign at hotmail

15. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A sword has two edges. This is a long read, but worthwhile to read through after seeing the movie.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

If you don't have that much time, and have a good memory from the movie, you may find the four page PDF more useful.
    http://www.davekopel.org/terror/59Deceits.pdf

For those that refuse to read it: Are you afraid of what you will read? Are you simply dismissing it as lies *before* reading it?

Draw your own conclusions only after you've read both sides.

Proud Bush 2004 supporter.

16. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    Hehehe, I read it and it still doesn't change my mind, there is nothing in that document that really refutes anything that Moore has said, yet it points out a few pedantic points of some minor errors.

Moore does get things wrong sometimes and you don't have to believe everything he says, he is only a human. However, it does tend to hit the nail pretty squarely on the head.

The funniest thing is that the author uses examples from the democrat party to try and justify the views (despite saying that two wrongs don't make a right). If you read Moore's previous books you will know that he is no great fan of the democrats, in Stupid White Men he evens says the democrats are worse than the Republicans, because at least with a Republican you know what you are getting.

My favourite section is the Condi Rice section

I think Moore did her a favour chopping the quote down, it shows even more complete lack of understanding of the situation in the Middle East than I could possibly imagine a senior politician should have! Half the countries in the Middle East don't even like each other, it is only the fact that rich countries around the world keep poking their noses in, that it gives them more common ground to join together and attack us. You only have to look at within Iraq and the Sunni's and Shia's don't really get along that well.

I don't think it matters what side you believe there has to be at least some common sense that says what we are doing is ultimately wrong and is not the right way to do it.

17. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I bet michael Moore wishes he'd left this scene in his movie!

Below is a transcript of an interview conducted in March 2004, and originally planned for inclusion in "Farhenheit 9/11", but ended up on the cutting room floor:

INTERVIEWER: You come from intelligence. This is what you did, this is what you know.

REP. GOSS: Uh, that was, uh, 35 years ago.

INTERVIEWER: Okay.

REP. GOSS: It is true I was in CIA from approximately the late 50's to approximately the early 70's. And it's true I was a case officer, clandestine services office and yes I do understand the core mission of the business. I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably. And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day, "Dad you got to get better on your computer." Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have.
    -- Rep. Porter Goss, March 3, 2004, Washington, DC

On the 10th of August 2004, less than six months after that interview, George W. Bush appointed Porter Goss as head of the CIA.

It just gets better doesn't it? :D