• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Farcry Instincts Predator £7.95 (360)

shay0

Distinguished Member
I'm starting on a roll today... this is the cheapest by about £4.00 at the moment, which makes it 33% cheaper than elsewhere :)

OK, it's a fairly old game, but still a goody!

Moogle

Distinguished Member
is it worth getting if you have the two xbox far cry releases?

Not really as it is essentially both those games combined into one.

shay0

Distinguished Member
Personally, I've just never got round to buying either of the others, so I guess I'm onto a winner :) Plus, at that price, what have you got to lose? If it's crap, trade it in and lose about 95p cash or make £1.05 in credit at Cex.

Mine was despatched this afternoon, so we'll soon see.

jdbrooks

Just ordered it, thanks :thumbsup:

bonzobanana

I'm playing Far Cry at the moment on both original xbox and 360. There are quite a few minor differences in gameplay plus of course the graphics are enhanced on the 360. Admittedly they aren't enhanced by much though. Until I read this thread I didn't realise there was two far cry games on the original xbox so I'll have to look out for the second now as I'm a bit of a far cry fan.

So much so that I'll probably even get the wii version when I get a wii.

Its a brilliant game which I think if you enjoyed Half Life 1 or 2 you will also enjoy far cry.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I'm playing Far Cry at the moment on both original xbox and 360. There are quite a few minor differences in gameplay plus of course the graphics are enhanced on the 360. Admittedly they aren't enhanced by much though. Until I read this thread I didn't realise there was two far cry games on the original xbox so I'll have to look out for the second now as I'm a bit of a far cry fan.

So much so that I'll probably even get the wii version when I get a wii.

Its a brilliant game which I think if you enjoyed Half Life 1 or 2 you will also enjoy far cry.

The 360 game is essentialy just a combination of the two Xbox games.

The Wii game is very poor in terms of graphics and control and a total waste of money.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Never played this on 360, but I loved the XBox version :). Certainly worth it at this price!

The_Vindicator

Went to order it as i was too busy yesturday, the game is no longer on the site.

Thanks alot Panzram you got the last copy ;)

oh well Lego Star Wars II is a good alternative

Panzram

:D

Sorry about that! It arrived today as well, not bad for less than £8.

Just noticed the Wii verson on there for £10.95.

Anyone recommend it?

shay0

Distinguished Member
The Wii game is very poor in terms of graphics and control and a total waste of money.

Looking at the above... I think it's a no :rolleyes:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Looking at the above... I think it's a no :rolleyes:

That is the general consensus amongst people who have played it both reviewers and consumers alike.

shay0

Distinguished Member
That is the general consensus amongst people who have played it both reviewers and consumers alike.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The Wii isn't suited to good looking games, it's all about the gameplay/interaction and TBH that has to be limited in such an old release. Maybe in the future it will work well for FPSs, but we'll have to wait and see.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The Wii isn't suited to good looking games, it's all about the gameplay/interaction and TBH that has to be limited in such an old release. Maybe in the future it will work well for FPSs, but we'll have to wait and see.

Well I think Metroid Prime Corruption and the new Medal Of Honour game will prove that it can be done and with pretty good graphics as well as gameplay. I think Ubisoft was just being lazy with Far Cry focusing more on the idea of cashing in on the Wii's success then actually making a good polished game.

There has been a lot of good feedback on MOH as well as Metroid Prime with the latter getting some excellent reviews. I got mine today so hopefully I will get to see how good it is in the next few days.

Moogle

Distinguished Member

Well I think Metroid Prime Corruption and the new Medal Of Honour game will prove that it can be done and with pretty good graphics as well as gameplay. I think Ubisoft was just being lazy with Far Cry focusing more on the idea of cashing in on the Wii's success then actually making a good polished game. :thumbsdow

There has been a lot of good feedback on MOH as well as Metroid Prime with the latter getting some excellent reviews. I got mine today so hopefully I will get to see how good it is in the next few days. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom