Far Cry - Only German Language

Wing Co

Novice Member
Got Fry Cry a couple of weeks ago and case, manual and disk all English, but started the game off and the text and language was all German! Went to main menu, but could not see a way of changing language. Sent the game back and got brand new sealed Fry Cry, but exactly the same. Sent it back for refund. Won't list the retailer, but big player and very reliable so don't want to cast stones at them.

Anyone else had the problem or am I missing something on the changing the laguage, it still shouldn't start in German?

Wing Co

Novice Member
A really good on-line retailer (so I don't want to cast stones as it might be their disributor) that everyone uses and who are normally the best out there for delivery and customer support. In fact they sent replacement asap, just it was also German. They are UK and the as I said earlier case, manual and disk English, put it in the x box and game starts in German!

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Can't answer that one then. I bought mine in Malaysia and it still starts in English!!

I would say the best thing to do is go to Woolies/Game/Blockbuster or anyone who gives a no quibble refund offer and 'borrow' a copy from them to see if you have the same problem.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I think there were 3 versions, you seem to have the German version. It's different from the EURO and US version which contain several languages.

mrmcdean

Novice Member
A friend of mine had to try 3 copies from GAME before he got one in English :eek:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
mrmcdean said:
A friend of mine had to try 3 copies from GAME before he got one in English :eek:
Are there any signs in terms of distinguisihing between the different versions?

mrmcdean

Novice Member
Im afraid I dont know, he didnt keep either of them long enough to find out.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
mrmcdean said:
Im afraid I dont know, he didnt keep either of them long enough to find out.
Fair enough. :) Hopefully they won't make this mistake when they launch it on the 360!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom