Far Cry Catacombs help please (spoiler)

Hawklord

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've got the pda but I keep getting my ass kicked all the time just too many trigans:(
Got plenty of ammo etc but because it's in such an enclosed space the jumpy ones are on top off you before you can unload any rounds into them. If the jumpies don't get you the one's with the rocket launchers do.

I'm at a loss what to do and I'm sick off having to reload an area each time. Whens the quick save patch out that may help a bit:)

Just about starting that level too........ made the mistake of starting the dam thing on 'Veteran level' as enjoyable and challenging as it is, the restarting a level business is a bind:( as you say roll on the quick save patch.
Will watch this thread for any forthcomming tips..........

I got stuck there too and found i had to run backwords down the tunnels pumping bullets and reloading on the run :smoke:

Still having trouble with the big guys who have a rocket launcher for an arm :mad:

Playing on medium and finding the game very difficult :blush:

The nightmares are the worst :laugh:

Finally got through the level:blush:

Just use plenty of granades and shoot the ones with the rocket launchers in the face with the shot gun. The can't fire their rockets when you hit them in the face lol. The jumpy trigens are the worst though especially in enclosed places as they're onto you before you can unload any rounds into them.
I'm playing on challenging will give realistic a go when I've finished this go. I'll probably need the quick save option for that one though:clown:

The fact you can't rely on quick saving adds more to the tension imo and I've got this far without using it I'll be blowed if it'll get the better of me now:smashin:

Theres a quick save option?

Not yet. There have been lots of hacks posted but I'm gonna wait for the official patch that's supposed to be in the pipeline.

I hope they address some of the issues with multiplayer too as that has the potential to be great. Roll on all the mods for this game. Does any one know if the engine is being used in any other games. The Cryengine was after all only meant to be a dx9 demo that was so good it got the backing for a full workout hence Far Cry:)

God.. I must be crap...playing on easy :) and I have just got to the carrier (on the training mission).. I reckon my hand/eye coord is failing me.. but the game does seem a bit jumpy ? (I'm much better at BFV/Unreal Tourny).

finally inside the carrier..I'll be done about chrimbo :)

Matt

Originally posted by Matt Horne
but the game does seem a bit jumpy ?

In what way?
Is the game stuttering or making you fill your pants:devil:

If it's stuttering then you may not have enough memory (a lot of people with 512mb have been complaining) as the game eats loads (up to 950mb of my 1024mb:eek:)
If you've plenty of memory try reducing the lighting and shadows a bit.

Are you patched to ver 1.1?

The unofficial quicksave 'patch' is apaarantly a bit flakey.
Just get the console up (type ` - the key at top-left of my keyboard) and enter:
\save_game 1

This just updates your last save point.

I had to do this a couple of times in level 20 :blush:

W.

Originally posted by Waka
The unofficial quicksave 'patch' is apaarantly a bit flakey.
Just get the console up (type ` - the key at top-left of my keyboard) and enter:
\save_game 1

This just updates your last save point.

I had to do this a couple of times in level 20 :blush:

W.

that's good to know thanks.

i reckon its just me ;)

Hearing them shout that u have been seen.. and then running of into the bush...class..

Whereas BFV/UT/call of duty its more of a run in shoot everything.. its just feels like you are going to get wasted if u try it in farcry !

spec wise I should be fine.. running a gig of ram and a 9600xt

cheers

Matt

I've enjoyed the bits of Farcry that are realistic so far, but now have gone into the catacombs and am faced with these silly invisible things and the non-human big blokes etc. I wouldn't have bought the game if I'd have known they had these silly moster type things in it. I always think that it's lazy programming to make the game harder they have these things that take ages to kill instead of relying on stealth and brainpower to kill human enemy in real environments. (just my personal view that a lot will probably disagree with!).
It started to get really annoying when you had to blow that ship up and keep firing at the helipcopter which it turns out was never meant to be shot down and no matter how many times you hit the thing it will not blow up. They still haven't brought a patch out with a quick save either.

JohnG said:
It started to get really annoying when you had to blow that ship up and keep firing at the helipcopter which it turns out was never meant to be shot down and no matter how many times you hit the thing it will not blow up. They still haven't brought a patch out with a quick save either.

Err you can take out the chopper . It peels off and crashes in the drink when you've damaged it enough. get up on top of the ship ( the very top above the bridge...look for the stairs). You can hide and move round the conning tower and you will take very little damage from the chopper whilst being able to pop out and hit it with a rocket/grenade even the sniper rifle will bring it down eventually.

As for the trigens. Jumpy ones are best dealt with from a distance. Far Cry is very senstive to aiming , aim for the face. Keep your gun reloaded if it goes dry switch to another weapon rather than reload when the tigs are on you. A good technique is to back up around a doorway when you've been spotted and nail them as they come through in single file. The fatboys ( rocket guys) are quite slow although they take a lot of damage. You can easily run behind them. If you run up to them they will try and hit you , its easy to get some shots in and then back off , they will go into rocket mode again and you can repeat by stepping up close to hit them with the shotgun or assualt rifles a few times.

The fatboys are a lousy shot and will quite often take out the other trigens in closed areas with their thoughtless aiming.

Chucking rocks to distract the trigens doesn't work all that well , rocks are better on the special forces guys ( who are much tougher than any of the other bad guys as they are quick and accurate)

The silenced mp5 is a great weapon , nice and accurate ( easy headshots) and doesn't give your position away but its rubbish against the trigens. Stick to the assault rifles I find the shotgun takes too long to reload if you get mobbed.

No it doesn't crash, it just peels off and flies away after you've hit it enough times.
Edit - at least that's what it looked like to me anyway :)

Well the chief merc ends up in the water as shark bait. I'm sure it hits the drink. Either that or Crowe falls out.

This is the original one I'm talking about. Those big rocket firing ones may not be too accurate but they are usually in enclosed spaces and so cause loads of damage even if they fire near you.

i'm acutally gonna install it again, i got stuck down a ditch in a jeep and could not be arsed to resart the level

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom