Far Cry 4

RedAl

Just seen some tweets confirming this is out November 21st. I loved Far Cry 3 so am really looking forward to this.

onezeon

When I heard it was also coming to 360 and ps3 my heart sank :(

As good as I'm sure it will be last gen will hold it back

Cosmic Rooster

Rather camp artwork, I'm sure Nemo will love it :rotfl:

FlagshipDevice

I get what you're saying, but to be fair to devs, they can't really be blamed for continuing to support 360/PS3 - they've a combined userbase of some 140 million. PS4/XB1 has around 11 million right now. I'm sure it'll be okay, looking forward to this!

Robothamster

Distinguished Member

Matt Atherton

Novice Member
If its anything like FC3, this will be immense! I just hope they make the storyline a little bit longer in this one. I felt it was a bit too short.

meweavy

Excellent news,I will definitely buy this,far cry 3 was brilliant.

SyStemDeMoN

I think the PC version of FC3 was great and I don't think we shall have any problems of the last gen holding back the devs.
Farcry 1 + 3 really looked nice on PC's, the same as Crysis games really pushe the PC tech of the day.

Will be buying this on release! (albeit on PC)

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I think the PC version of FC3 was great and I don't think we shall have any problems of the last gen holding back the devs.
Farcry 1 + 3 really looked nice on PC's, the same as Crysis games really pushe the PC tech of the day.

Problem now is, is that they are developing for 5 different systems not 3. Possibly six if they cater for the 3 people with a Wii U.

That's costly so not sure which ones are going to get the most attention.

onezeon

I'm not concerned by its looks I'm concerned by going cross gen they will be limited on the scale of the game.

Things like enemy number, enemy AI,map size etc etc
A lot of things will have to be compromised so it will also run on last gen systems not just overall graphics.

I'd rather they do Far cry 4 for next gen and pc only and get another dev to handle a ps3/360 (even WiiU) standalone title to get sales.

Oh well will see at e3 how it's going.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Things like enemy number, enemy AI,map size etc etc
A lot of things will have to be compromised so it will also run on last gen systems not just overall graphics.
No different to the situation for the PC version of Far Cry 3 and that turned out pretty decent.

I expect the PS4 and XB1 versions will be ports of the PC version. So, similar to the 360/PS3 with higher res textures, a few more objects in the game world and better effects.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett