1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO Tosh pf2 owners

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Monty1977, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    ....32" specifically but I suspect the sets are very similar in most aspects.

How do you find only having 1 RGB SCART? How do you hook everything up?

This set is on my shortlist and will need to connect to:

Pioneer DV444 DVD player .. old I know but it's the only player that isn't fussy about my homemade DVDs and I still reckon the picture is fantastic

Sky+ box

Cheers !
    A

2. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    Hi Monty,

Have a quick look on the following thread, it has some advice on hook ups, but also on some of this sets flaws. Although it doesn't make the happiest reading, IMHO since it's on your short list, it would be unfair to keep you in the dark.

Progressive Problem on Toshiba ZP38

Hope you get it sorted though:smashin:

Regards,

LAGAVULIN

3. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Thanks for the heads up !

It seems to me that for such 'high end' kit almost every manuf (Loewe excepted) has a lot of threads on here highlighting the various problems :(

I'm having problems choosing as a result.... Sony FX68 was discounted early on due to buzzing problems but now it's looking a better bet :D

How do you find your panny ?

Cheers,
    A

4. andro

andro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Too true Monty...
    This is also my reason for delaying my decision... Everytime I pick a TV to buy there is big problems with the TV reported on this website. The Toshiba 32ZP38 is my first choice, I will resort to a Panny PD30 only if this progressive problem with the Tosh is confirmed and there is no hope of there being a near future resolution. Damn reluctant to choose anything else but the tosh, it just looks so good and the reviews are fantastic. Just praying here theres light at the end of the tunnel...

5. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Not sure if the progressive thing bothers me to be honest...dont plan on buying a dvd player in the nr future that has component out (my DV444 doesn't have it)

...is it really that much better quality than RGB?

A

6. jase the space

jase the space
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    FYI: This set actually has 2 RGB SCARTs

7. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    Hi Monty,

You're welcome mate:smashin: I know what you mean...I'd been browsin' these forums for a while before actually joining, but IMHO it's plainly clear that you CANNOT let yourself be unduly influenced by all the complaining - you'd never buy anything:eek: I reckon for every complaint - perfectly legit or not - there's probably 50 satisfied buyers of that product. Moreover, it's a fact of life that us fickle humans are more likely to moan louder than when we sing praise:laugh:

BTW, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few threads highlighting an odd prob with the Loewe's, maybe nothing significant - but I s'pose NOTHING is perfect:(

It's taken some tweeking through the service menu and about a fortnight to 'burn-in', but now, yeah, I'm VERY happy with the sets performance. I nearly had heart failure when I thoroughly read the sticky on the PD30's "faults/problems", taking delivery of mine only 24hrs previously. But ironically, I've found that the vast majority of the "faults/problems" DO NOT affect my set; maybe I'm lucky, or just one of the satisfied buyers whose actually happy to sing a bit of praise:suicide:

Anyway, hope you get a good set sorted before Christmas (I assume that when you're wanting one for?)...

Regards,

LAGAVULIN

8. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    Progressive as opposed to interlaced, component vs. RGB? IMHO, it's like the difference between VHS and DVD:eek:

To be fair, you'd have to see it [on a good set that is] to believe it.

LAGAVULIN

9. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    As an ex-owner of the 36PF2, I can confirm Andro's point, the PF2 when performing well, delivers a Prog. Scan picture to die for! I was pretty miffed to have to exchange mine due to the 'interference' problem, but after the initial anxiety of learning about all the issues with the PD30, I'm more than happy with it; which incidentally, delivers as good a Prog. Scan pic as the PF2 - there's very little, if anything, between them (excepting the 'interference' of course;) )

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya:smashin:

LAGAVULIN