1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO Tons Of Fun

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by littlecharva, Jun 17, 2004.

1. littlecharva

littlecharva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

You seem to have some connection with MS, so I was wondering if you could advise me. I ordered an MS309 from hifibitz.co.uk (after reading such good reviews of it on here). I was told it would take about a week to come. After a week I rang back and was told there was a shortage and it would be another 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks later (this week) I rang them, and now they don't have a delivery date and claim they can't even get one from the manufacturor (or distributor, I'm not sure). I've got to ring back next week to see if they have a delivery date.

Are they in such short supply, or am I being messed about by hifibitz?

Littlecharva.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,146
    TBH, I don't know exactly. We did have a shortage immeadiately after the What HiFi article but that should have been dealt with by now. However- if you ordered a cherry one (or to a lesser extent black) there will be a shortage of those. We will not be making any more cherry ones and there has been a gap in black production whilst we keep up with maple order (by far the most common). It could be worth securing a refund and trying Peter Tyson as they seem to be selling a great many of them.

Oh and to those of you who have asked for setup disks, either here on your product registrations or otherwise, they're arriving tomorrow for dispatch.

3. littlecharva

littlecharva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I ordered a Honey Maple one. I ordered it with a load of other things on a buy now pay next year finance deal they had going on. I assume that would screw me for getting a refund?

4. RumbleBee

RumbleBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Tons,

Do you know of any shortage for the Silver 309. I too ordered from Hi-Fi Bitz, but If like littlecharva, who has being waiting 3 weeks, I'd rather cancel drive a distance to Richer Sound, where I know they have one in stock.

Thanks,
    Andy

5. rd350ypvs

rd350ypvs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I received mine (vanadium) 309 from Peter Tyson's on Monday, so they should have some still in stock Rumble :)

andyw

6. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,146
    Again I don't know exactly but I'd give them a little while before insisting on a refund. There hasn't been a huge demand for the Vanadium 309 so there shouldn't be any real shortage of them. Again Peter Tyson and RS seem be OK on stocks of them.

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It is really helpful that Tons of Fun spends time here answering questions about Mordaunt Short products but could we please confine questions that you expect him to answer to product and company queries only.

Thanks

8. littlecharva

littlecharva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I spoke to Hifibitz on the blower this morning and they reckon it was shipped on Friday, so I should be expecting it today sometime. I can't wait!