Quantcast

FAO those who have had to return Panny Plasmas- how easy was it? Who did you use?

billyboy2012

Novice Member
Hi guys

Im in the market for a 50-55" TV and im looking at the GT/VT models.

For me- i think the green blob risks are worth it. I will be buying with a extended 5 year warranty for sure!

However- in the (reasonable) event that i will have to return the TV if it develops the dreaded green blobs- im wondering how easy this will be? The last thing i want is for the TV to become faulty and i have to mess around with engineers coming over, trying to replace components, weeks without a TV etc!

So- assuming you have had to return a Panny Plasma:

1) How easy was it to replace?

2) Who provided the warranty? Panny 1 Yr, Panny/RS/Lewis extended etc etc

That way- i will be buying the set from the company with the most generous returns policy :)

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Hi guys

Im in the market for a 50-55" TV and im looking at the GT/VT models.

For me- i think the green blob risks are worth it. I will be buying with a extended 5 year warranty for sure!

However- in the (reasonable) event that i will have to return the TV if it develops the dreaded green blobs- im wondering how easy this will be? The last thing i want is for the TV to become faulty and i have to mess around with engineers coming over, trying to replace components, weeks without a TV etc!

So- assuming you have had to return a Panny Plasma:

1) How easy was it to replace?

2) Who provided the warranty? Panny 1 Yr, Panny/RS/Lewis extended etc etc

That way- i will be buying the set from the company with the most generous returns policy :)
First stop is your dealer. theres a fix if you read the forum.:)

billyboy2012

Novice Member
Wow just seen it!

Will they be applying this "fix" to all future bought TVs? Or will they only apply it when you have bought it, after it has developed a fault?

And on a side note- which retailer, in users experience, have the best after sales service/support

GoNz0

Novice Member
while John Lewis were good with the swap they took the pee when they decided to refund and credit my card to process the RMA without telling me, due to there "money will be refunded in 3-5 days" they forgot to mention the hold on my money is instand so i was £699 down for 3 days and went mental at then, got me an extra £30 back but still bang out of order.

TONYELISE

Novice Member
Wow just seen it!

Will they be applying this "fix" to all future bought TVs? Or will they only apply it when you have bought it, after it has developed a fault?

And on a side note- which retailer, in users experience, have the best after sales service/support
I dont think you can go wrong with either tps where i got mine or where scooby uses-sound and vision they both have excellent c/s and aftersales.