1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fao Technophobe, paulsa or other Z9000 owners!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MarkHudds, Nov 19, 2002.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Interested in the Sharp Z9000 (moving from a Sony VPL-VW11HT) ...

How good is it?

Anyone ever compared the 9000 and 11HT side by side?

The import price of the 9000 from pricejapan seems incredibly cheap ... any experiences of importing this particular projector?

Thanks.

p.s. I know the Z10000 is coming out, however I think the Z9000 price is attractive at the moment! Wonder if I'll be kicking myself that I didn't wait for HD2, or even if I should go CRT!?!?!?!?

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Still looking?

:)

3. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ReTrO,

If I was still looking nearly 1 year after posting that thread I'd be a very sad man and not really in keeping with the 'upgrade-itis' that is expected on these forums! :p

I went for a Sony VPL-WV12HT (with CC40R filter and Smart calibration) in January from PriceJapan, never looked back!

Once I started demo'ing DLP I found that rainbows were a big issue for me (even on the expensive units). So as CRT was out (for various reasons) I thought I'd best go for the king of LCDs ...

Thanks for asking anyway! :confused:

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    No worries mate. :)

5. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    err ,sorry i`ve not been on this forum for AGES:( ,so couldn`t have seen your question,I was almost buying a sony VPL 11HT (was having a final demo watching Moulan Rouge)until the Sharp salesman `dropped in` ,just when the sharp 9000 was launched and he gave us a sneek preview......:eek: it blew the sony away ,but at the uk 10k price tag it was way out of my price bracket,I imported mine from Japan over 1 1/2 years ago(3 months after that demo !!) for a good bit less that 4k :rotfl: and never looked back...i know the 12HT is way better than the 11HT so it would be interesting to compare them now.........but i suppose a fairer comparison would be the Sharp 10000 now,anyway just enjoy it,I do mine and don`t want to start looking again.........just incase i get a fright at how far things have moved on :rolleyes:

6. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for not replying, I guess you've probably purchased by now. But I think you can tell by the lack of browsing on this forum from Pausa and myself that we're both contented Z9000 owners. The machine performs as good as the day I received it and I've never had any problems nor have I been tempted by newer kit I've seen other kit in Seven oaks and the like. I still think it's up to the mark even after all this time. :D :D :D

Technophobe

7. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    And there's still a few new ones available at very decent prices.:smashin:

8. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    technophobe,or anyone one else who may know for that matter,have you ever tried the DVI input ? i know that one of samsungs new players has a DVI output,and i`ve seen the difference SDI can make :smashin: would like to hear from anyone who has tried the similar DVI output/input on their sharp Z9000..........and as technophobe above mentioned,still really pleased with my purchase,it took me nearly 6 months to decide on which one to get ....... and still :clap: myself on the back.........but then I`ve stopped looking,just incase;)

9. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Te last Z9000 I looked at didn't have a DVI input, only a 15pin D-sub for PC's.

The first to have that was the Z10000.

10. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks retro,i may have noticed that....... had i looked first:rolleyes: :suicide:

11. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, no DVI on the Z9k but pretty good looking picture via VGA (1280x720) from HCPC.

Really liked the Z9k.