1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO Spectre and "Children Of The Corn" fanatics!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, May 27, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

I was wondering if you kind folks can help me out a little, please. :confused:

In "HCC" magazine, for many, many years, a Classified Advertisement appeared asking for the Stephen King horror film "Children Of The Corn" on VHS.

The advert requested the uncensored version, which aired in 1987, on one of the UK's ITV regions.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows any more about this person, the advert, and whether he/she was successful?

Ideally, I'd quite like to know when the advert first appeared, and even if it's still being repeated to this very day, or has been seen in any other magazines.

If you can help locate any info, I'd be very grateful. :)

Pooch

P.S. I DO NOT have this film on VHS, so please don't get this person's hopes up. I'm purely looking for info, out of human curiosity. Cheers! :)

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pooch,
    I've written much on this subject. Feel free to do a search under my name. The truth is out there somewhere. And its probably on VHS.

Eric

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There *is* an uncut/director's version of 'Children of the Corn'.

Extra gore wise there's a scene where Isaac prays to He Who Walks Behind The Rows and gets shown his own death.

It features and extended intro sequence during which more adults are killed... including a farmer who is chopped up near a barn by the children which is probably what most people miss from the 'normal' version.

I used to have this version years ago, I bought it as an ex-rental tape in about 1989/1990. It got lost in a house move unfortunately. I wouldn't mind betting this version can be found in second-hand shops and at car boot sales though.

Just because I'm bored and am a bit of a retard I've actually gone and emailed the film's director asking him if he has a copy I can have :)

I'll let you whether he either (a) helps me out and lets me have one or (b) informs Interpol and has me arrested.

4. Chip

Chip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've already done that juboy without success. The ads are probably placed by the director under an assumed name :eek:

Chip

5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,403
    I'm afraid I know nothing.

6. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This site lists their version of the DVD as running 99 minutes long... that's at least 5 mins longer than the longest running time I've seen before (94 mins).

It may just be an error on the site but it would appear that this could be the director's cut:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/acatalog/childrencornimpdvd.htm