1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO Messiah.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hi mate,

Just a quick one. I was wondering how you are getting on with your Sharp? I note that a while back when you demoed a couple of DLP units you suffered from headaches, eyestrain and rainbows. Remember when you had these machines and told us this –

‘In my quest for a new pj I have found myself this weekend with both a HT1000 and MT8 to play with . Now, I will stress at this point that it is with regret I am not going for either of these pjs (MT8 rainbows have been giving me eyestrain and headaches and HT1000 still has visible rainbows to me which has distracted my viewing).’

What’s the current situation?

Are you suffering from any of the above with the new machine?

Thanks in advance,

Cap.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    HI Cap

Pleased to report (as I have in many posts here and there but nothing specific) that I get nothing but an amazing image from the Z10k (no eyestrain, no headaches). As to rainbows, I have only seen them about 6 times so far in about 40 hours of watching and most of those were in the first few hours. It is quite normal now for me to see not one rainbow during a film.

Bottom line - I am one very happy pj owner with this Sharp Z10000. Only thing I would wish different is the fan noise which is not at all intrusive during a normal movie and only so during quiet scenes because it is directly above my head. In a standard installation I think it would be a total non-issue (bear in mind even the LPX500 fan noise was a tad too moisy for me again because of it being directly above my head).

You getting one? Want to see it?

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Not getting one. Yet :).

I just wondered how you were getting on as I tend to use your experiences as a reference/starting point.

I have seen the pictures you posted and they look amazing, and what a great price you got it for!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Cap.