FAO Domino30 stockists

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TT9, Dec 13, 2003.

1. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would any South East/London based stockists of this machine care to lend me a unit for a weekend !?

Is it too unreasonable to say that prior to parting with six grand I would like to satisy myself that the throw distance and colour artifacts will not be a problem in my environment !? It would seem so !

It's like pulling teeth this is. I've had a great time with LCD's and would like to move up to a quality mid/high end projector and the 30 looks like it will fit the bill. I have not seen DLP so just want to be sure that it will work for me and 'er indoors. But there is absolutely no way I will part with the cash without such a home demo.

So, first stockist to offer a loan has a 90-99% sales chance.

Anyone !? PM me if so and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,
    Steve.

2. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually,

have any forum members purchased this machine and like to give me an opinion about what you think of it !?

Thanks.

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    try PMing RTFM as he demos these and is very clued up on sim2 products.

I have demoed it and it is fantastic but i would also take a look at the marantz 12s3 which is probaly one of the best pjs outthere for £7000 and under.

it may of been the setup but i didnt notice a huge difference between the domino20-30 so demo both.

only down side is the dominos dont have DVI or HDMI in puts whereas the marantz does

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Steve,

I can work out you throw distance/screen size to the millimetre for any of the Sim2 range if you give me your details.
    Re colour artifacts, I guess you mean colour separation or "rainbows". This I can demonstrate to you in a matter of minutes.
    We can't do home loans but we can replicate your setup here re.screen size and throw distance.
    Hope this helps

Jeff

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    As if by magic

6. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gandley - thanks for the advice !:cool:

Jeff,

You actually returned a call from me midweek, perhaps Tuesday it might have been. The conversation finished 'can I call you back in two minutes'. I didn't mean to be rude or abrupt but I have senior work bosses drumming in my ear and couldn't really take the call. Apologies have been busy since.

Anyway, I am based in Croydon so not too far away from Horsham. I shall come down to your shop and check out your pj's with a view to buy. When can we arrange this. Are you open Saturday's ?

I would still prefer a home loan but if you can replicate exactly my sitting/throw distances and screen size then that might suffice nicely.

Lets do it asap.

Thanks Jeff,
    Steve.

7. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Also been considering the SIM Domino 30 - but concerned about it's throw range (long throw lens) on my existing 8ft screen.

Have therefore also been considering the Marantz - anyone know the throw ratio of the marantz in comparison?

Thanks

8. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    for marantz 12s3 which is a short throw lens

at 12 feet from screen a diag of 94ins-109ins

and left to right of 82ins-95ins depending on zoom