FAO anyone who owns a Sony KDL-46W905

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Farside, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farside

Farside
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can you tell me what size the VESA screws need to be on this TV, M4? M5? M6?

Thanks.

2. Farside

Farside
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well seeing as no one knows, even though though there are lots of people here who own the tv lol, i'll let you know what sony emailed me today: M5 16mm.

3. Philip4242

Philip4242
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    But, of those '... lots of people here who own the tv ...' :-

How many people have their TV wall- (or stand-) mounted, rather than table-stand-mounted ?

How many people who did have their TV wall-mounted actually did the job themselves ?

Of those who did do the wall-mounting themselves, how many just selected the correct size bolts from the 'kit' without actually looking what size it was ?

Of those remaining, i.e. those who MIGHT have remembered what size bolt they used, how many just MIGHT have happened to logon to the Forum and notice your Post WITHIN THE LESS-THAN 24 HOURS YOU WAITED, before you Posted your rather disparaging follow-up ??? :eek:

As I understand it, there are NO permanent staff on the Forum, nor anyone else ready to answer any possible query at a moment's notice ! - or even within 24 hours !!!

Also, as you are a New Member, I'm sure I don't have to remind you (since you have only recently read the Forum Rules) that it is expected that all Members should do a search of the Forum, to see if the question they are about to post has not been covered already.

So just how you missed the extensive Thread

Sony kdl**w905A owners thread part 3 | AVForums

and its 2 predecessor Threads is completely beyond me. :facepalm:

4. Farside

Farside
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't miss the thread, i read through it briefly and i could find nothing mentioned in that thread about the screw size, which is why I have started my own thread...

I replied with Sonys answer so other members can use this info, so if you think that is disparaging then thats totally up to you. lol

5. Philip4242

Philip4242
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Reading a Thread 'briefly' is no substitute for searching properly !

But wouldn't that answer have been more useful in the dedicated Thread for that Model of TV ?

What was disparaging was the rather insulting 'Well seeing as no one knows, even though though there are lots of people here who own the tv ...' and the fact that you didn't even wait 24 hours for any response, before you made this comment !!!

6. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    if you wish to carry this on please do so else where and as the original question has now been answered thread will be closed.

Thread Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.