FAO all Seal IV Dvd-a owners

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rozzar, Jun 26, 2004.

1. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    can you get the menu up on your dvd-a player? i'm on my 2nd copy from amazon now.

it plays back (the conventional Dolby and DTS layers) on my old Yamaha DVDS520 dvd player fine, but the Pioneer DV747 really will not bring up the menu for the DVD-a part that i bought it for

after physically inspecting the discs, theres a kind of impressed water mark around the inner half of 50% of the disc where they were made. Both copies were like this

could this be the problem (in which case, presumably a faulty batch)

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I had the same problem with some of my DVD-As on my Pioneer DV656-A. What I have to do is go into the Set Up Menus > Initial Settings > Options > DVD Playback Mode, and change it from DVD-Audio to DVD-Video, which then gives access to the other menus on the DVD-A, to enable you to find and play the DTS, or Dolby Digital soundtracks. Bloody pain in the arse, but I don't know another way round it!

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    thanks Simon
    i can play the dts and DD parts fine. i just select group 3 or 4 respectively on the dvd player. even when its playing a dts or DD track on the disc, and i try to get into the disc menu, it just freezes. i have no dvd playback option on the 747- the 656 is a slightly later player iirc

contemplating returning this one to amazon too (yawn) and buying it locally to try and locate one without 'water marks'

4. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    did you ever get this sorted out? I have the DV747 and was just about to get the seal dvd-a.

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,112
    Moved to DVD players forum