FAO 23FX66 Owners (Part Deux)

TommyP

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thought the old post was getting a little long.....

Progress so far:

Letter arrived from JL this morning but for some reason they are staying that they will match a price of £965, dunno how they came up with this number.

TV £799
Stand £100
Delivery £20

Leaves about £45 unaccounted for but it's still a baragain so I'm going to go order one tonight.

Thanks for all your help.

Anyone any idea on what JL's stock levels of the Sony beauty are?

(Must be the time for spending - brought myself a pair of Nike Shox trainers too last night :D)

TommyP
Can confidently inform you that JL will pricematch Electrocentre for £944 (TV £899, Del £45). Check price at www.electrocentre.co.uk. All you need do is call your nearest JL with Electrocentre's phone number, decision normally within a day (the forty miles rule is never implemented, JL oxford st did a pricematch for me on the 28fx66 using the very same electrocentre in Birmingham). Think of what you can do with the money you'ld be saving, extra pairs of Nike socks to go with the trainers?:D
Have a nice day

goa

Are you sure thats a 28" cause as you know i'm getting my 32" for less than your 28".

Sorry, muppet question coming up...

How are you getting JL to do the pricematch? you're mentioning a letter? Surely, (god forbid) you're not using snailmail to communicate with them? ;)

Did you get JL to pricematch Krishav?

Having read the earlier thread on this tv I'm now persuaded to buy one.. but obviously I'd like to get the best price and warranty...

Cheers

Welcome Tobster

The way I went about it was i rang the JL store and gave them the details expecting them to make a phonecall and then just ring me back with the details but apparently they have a specific department that deals with pricematching (i.e. a bunch of guys that are wise to the fiddles that people do to save money <--- including me :p)

The details went to this department and then they sent me the letter with the new price. Forgot to bring it into work to see if there is a reference number or anything as I'd like to know how they came up with their price.

But a five year guarantee is worth a few quid so bargins are still to be had.

Good luck :D

Well yes they will match with Krishav
I went into JL in kingston with a list of 5 companys that did the tv for less, i was expecting them to yes to one of the compays but not the cheapest one. They then sent me a letter in the post saying that i could have one for 899, so i phoneed them and ordered one, still waiting for a lead time as yet.
Good luck hunting

TheBorg
The cost of my 28fx66 through JL pricematch with electrocentre was £784 . Electrocentre price list for that tv with stand is £749, but they charge an additional £34 for nationwide delivery. JL's policy is to include the cost of competitors delivery in their pricematch, hence my paying £784 for the tv instead of £749. :)

£944 is what JL will charge you if you asked them to pricematch Electrocentre on the 32FX66 (£899 for the tv and stand and £45 for delivery). I was trying to encourage TommyP to opt for this pricematch instead of the one for £965 that JL had offered him. I know from reading other threads that different JL branches will apply the pricematch differently. I was told by the Oxford St branch that they will not match PRCDirect despite the fact that they have a shop front in Ilford town centre, and they also refused to match RGB Direct because they Fx66s were not on display when the JL scout went there on a fact finding visit.:rolleyes:

Tobsters,
Call your nearest JL branch and ask to speak to their undersales department. Have your pricematch details at hand, and pass them on to the undersales team. I called them on a Wednesday with my electrocentre details (of course I did not tell them about the delivery charge but they found that out for themselves). I got a call from them on the friday with a quote for my tv, I was so happy that I paid for it there and then. Receipt was posted to me a few days later, and tv was delivered shortly afterwards. Pricematch with JL definately works!!:D

It seems as if the 28fx66 is best matched with electrocentre and the 32fx66 is best matched with krishav.:p
Let us know how you get on:)

Couldn't agree more, JL kingston said they wouldn't price match any shops down Edgware Rd so each store is different. Great that they will though.
Still no lead time on when they're getting the 32 in stock though, looks like i'll have to wait till nearer Crimbo :(

Gave JL Kingston a call this morning to see how they priced matched the amount to Krish.

Apparently they split it....

£799 TV
£130 Stand
£35 Delivery

Seems fair even if Krish only said £100 for the stand and £20 for delivery.

Think I'm going to go in and Order tonight but as you said Mr Borg stock is limited so not expecting it for a good few weeks :(

...You not bothered about getting before xmas then Tommy?

That price is £86 less than I paid :) (although I didnt get a 5yr warranty...I do have mine now to watch ;))

Chaps

Cheers for your help and pointers...

I've seen comments earlier on about KrishAV's tv being a grey import... any truth in this and if so, does it affect the Sony warranty?

I don't particularly want the stand for the tv so could JL sell just the tv, or as I've read, the stand always comes as standard on UK spec boxes....

Ta

I'm going to head down to Oxford Street JL tomorrow....

Originally posted by tobsters
I've seen comments earlier on about KrishAV's tv being a grey import... any truth in this ....

Nope - went in to see them and they are proper UK ones. I think there low prices are just a little bit of a con as most people will buy the stand and so then they're about the same price as others.

On another note i jsut rang JL Kingston (again) and they told me that they're expecting a delivery on the 2/12/02 so only a few weeks.

Originally posted by alle v
...You not bothered about getting before xmas then Tommy?

That price is £86 less than I paid :) (although I didnt get a 5yr warranty...I do have mine now to watch ;))

I've really got sort out getting rid of my old one before the new one is delivered so not really a problem that it'll be a few weeks.

Also the closer it gets to Xmas the more excited I'll get! :D

+ Five year guarantee is quite a good investiment imho.

Tobsters
Doubt very much that JL will sell tv without stand - they could end up with a warehouse full of unwanted stands! Having said that, I'm sure if you ask them nicely ... :D
For your info, JL Oxford St undersales dept does not function on saturdays - I know because they told me so. :)

UPDATE

Went in yesterday and finally ordered the TV :D

One also quite nice thing.... I don't know if JL are just doing it at their Kingston store but they're offering £150 off any DVD or Nicam video system when you buy a Sony TV.

So not only did I save a few quid on the Tele I'm also going to be the proud owner of a NS405 DVD player for £16.

Good eh..... should be about a week until delivery.

:D

Tommy
Did they give you a time when you would get it as they are still saying to me that they don't know when they're getting them.
Didn't know about the 150 notes off a dvd, just bought a pioneer from richer's.

He wouldn't give me anything concrete but I'm still going by what the woman told be last week so should be here by next Monday so delivered next Weds/Thurs?

Do you want the direct dial number for the audio/visual dept to check?

Originally posted by TommyP
UPDATE

Went in yesterday and finally ordered the TV :D

One also quite nice thing.... I don't know if JL are just doing it at their Kingston store but they're offering £150 off any DVD or Nicam video system when you buy a Sony TV.

So not only did I save a few quid on the Tele I'm also going to be the proud owner of a NS405 DVD player for £16.

Good eh..... should be about a week until delivery.

:D

...You jammy wee you ;) :D

No i don't have the direct number mate but I spoke to them again this morning (via the normal number) and the woman said they don't know and that i was 2nd in line to get one.
I'm just wondering that maybe because i've only reserved one and not actually paid yet that they might be getting them for the paid-up customers.
Also you are getting yours delivered aren't you so maybe the tv will come straight from they're depot.
Nice one about the dvd player mate didn't know about that, is the one you got multi region or is it upgradeable, i've just brought one but i might as well get another from JL as for that money i can have one in the bedroom :D

Originally posted by TheBorg
No i don't have the direct number mate but I spoke to them again this morning (via the normal number) and the woman said they don't know and that i was 2nd in line to get one.
I'm just wondering that maybe because i've only reserved one and not actually paid yet that they might be getting them for the paid-up customers.
Also you are getting yours delivered aren't you so maybe the tv will come straight from they're depot.
Nice one about the dvd player mate didn't know about that, is the one you got multi region or is it upgradeable, i've just brought one but i might as well get another from JL as for that money i can have one in the bedroom :D

I haven't paid for it either yet but it's all in their computer system with the price promise and £150 off in the notes, so they told me that when they're in stock they'll ring me and I can pay by phone and then they'll deliver.

The DVD player is region fixed atm but I'll hire one of the remotes to change it to region free when it gets delivered.

I'll PM you the telephone number when i get home from work.

Sounds like exactly what they said to me mate so it's just grin and bear it, just hope it's worth the wait as i can't wait to see my first dvd on a proper tv and dvd

Originally posted by TheBorg
Sounds like exactly what they said to me mate so it's just grin and bear it, just hope it's worth the wait as i can't wait to see my first dvd on a proper tv and dvd

Got myself a copy of "Attack of the Clones" and "Lord of the Rings" to watch once they arrive.

Should test out the new equipment :D

TommyP

The secret squirrel phone number! could you pm it to me please.. ta

I didnt make it to JL on Saturday cos well, I just couldn't be ars*d

Good news about the 150 off, I need a new video.. is this a limited time offer?

cheers..

Originally posted by tobsters
TommyP

The secret squirrel phone number! could you pm it to me please.. ta

I didnt make it to JL on Saturday cos well, I just couldn't be ars*d

Good news about the 150 off, I need a new video.. is this a limited time offer?

cheers..

PM coming your way too Tobsters.

Yes the offer is only on till Xmas eve.

Got one of my mate's at work to phone JL for me (getting a complex from them) to see if he could buy one full price, but the same answer.
Tommy what other dvd's were they selling or how good is the one your getting ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom