Fantasy Premier League 2019/20

brand-dark.svg
Well I am going to commiserate and console myself with songs from my Ballads And Duets folder, grab some beers and order a Chinese takeaway! 🍺 🤓

I've had a strong finish. Managed to get myself up to 5th from about 11th a couple of weeks ago

Congrats to whoever the winner is! :thumbsup: Well done all.

Gonna give it a miss altogether next season given how it may possibly become a patchy season again. Shall return once normality returns!

Took a gamble and bench Fernandes today for Greenwood. 11pts!!! Would have got me very close to around 15k overall I think. Just 28pts away from top 10k. Good season. Well done everyone. Now we can relax!

Chuffed to have held onto the top spot as felt like I was doing my best to bottle it the last few weeks! Dave was also playing it pretty much perfect every GW since the restart.

Well played all as it's been a very tough and long season. Thanks to @When In Rome for organising and running the league as well 👍 hopefully we can do it all again in a few weeks time

Just been reading back through the thread from the start and got up to page six. I haven't time to read it all. Need to find out what the breakdown is of the prizes. Think there is the top three cash prize and amount for highest game week score but not sure of the amount for each, if anyone knows let us know here, meantime I'll look into the top GW score winner (I see The Also Rans got 103pts this week) and if the top three placed managers can PM their emails I will get PayPal to ping the dosh over later, ta. 👍

Chuffed to have held onto the top spot as felt like I was doing my best to bottle it the last few weeks! Dave was also playing it pretty much perfect every GW since the restart.

Well played all as it's been a very tough and long season. Thanks to @When In Rome for organising and running the league as well 👍 hopefully we can do it all again in a few weeks time

Congrats!

I think I can declare (unless anyone knows any different but I have spent time checking) that Dave has the runner up prize and the highest points score prize for his 125pts in GW30).

So further to my post above, could you and The Untouchables and The Dogs Ballacks managers message me their details and once I know how much to each, will pop the cheque in the post etc.

As to running this again, I've sort of enjoyed it but it does take up a bit of time in the admin, however if @Woodywizz doesnt want to resume chair I'd be happy to do it again, the turn around is brief now too, just six weeks before the new season starts.

ft.png

On a personal note I don't think I can be too despondent. Last season finished in sixth place, only three points short of sixth this time so well done to @chudas for nailing that, oh if ONLY I had captained KdB instead of Silva!

If I do run this again next time I would personally add some more funds, I dunno, an extra £50 or something just to keep the interest going and hopefully to persuade members like @YNWA1892 and @richp007 to stay because whatever a 'patchy season ahead' means, it will be the same for all of us.

So looking forward to another competition and of course, new fixtures, new PL players and... fresh hope!

So I've found the prize money allocation for last season which was based on £230:

Winner : £90
Runner Up : £50
Third Place : £30
Most Points In A Gameweek : £50
Wooden Spoon : Entry Fee refunded (£10)

Our balance is £200 (20 members) so I propose to refund the entry money to the manager of Pickford's Travels who I think might be @Synchro but whoever it is get in touch for yer tenner back.

That leaves £190 to distribute for first, second, third and the highest GW score.

I'd go 1st £80, 2nd £40, 3rd £20 and keep the £50 highest GW but happy for other suggestions, maybe give it 24 hours until everyone's happy? £20 for coming third just seems a bit low that's all.

UPDATE

I have sent £80 to winner Farke Life and £90 (in two separate payments) to The Untouchables, runner up and highest GW score.

Also £30 sent to The Dog's Ballacks and if whoever it is claims the wooden spoon refund I'll pay it myself!

Last edited:
Thanks for managing the whole thing @When In Rome

And we'll played @A DoNK to hold on and take the league, although does this title have an asterisk against it too?! 😉

Not sure he supports Liverpool. 🤣

Let's all take a well-earned break, come back in September and do it all again.

Who'll be adding Werner and Havertz to their squad?

How much will Trent Alexander-Arnold cost THIS time?

I do know one thing, John Lundstram will be a 5.5m midfielder next term (been told that on good authority).

By September I am sure we can all have saved up £10 to throw into this tombola of a game.