Fantasy Premier League 2019/20

Bloody Pep. Had 13pts from Greenwood on the bench waiting if KDB was rested. On Lee's coattails.

Has YNWA1892 left the league?

I looked and don't see his team there. It may be that he gave up and removed his team. I did the same myself a couple of seasons back just because I realised I could no longer make the top six!

I hope once this affected season is over we can all start a new season together again whoever is in the chair, I hope @YNWA1892 is okay of course in the meantime.

I've just withdrawn from three leagues and was seriously considering binning the lot.

Sometimes you get a game week which feels like everything has conspired against you, everything goes swimmingly for your rivals and it feels like a knife to the stomach.

I totally despise this game and yet others no doubt will also have gone through the same knowing that next season we will be going through the same torment because every new season brings new hope.

You mean like having Egan as first sub and then Mane comes on and gets booked within 2 minutes?

You mean like having Egan as first sub and then Mane comes on and gets booked within 2 minutes?

Just one of many, many problems!

image.png

(That particular scenario wasn't mine though)

Ok slight misinformation there, but to get Kane(vs Bournemouth...) plus Willian and Foden I dumped Salah, Saint Maxim and Calvert Lewin. So Kane better smash it!!

I saw it as a differential - the same reason I kept Son and brought Aurier in. I must be mad!

It's definitely felt harder to play since the restart hasn't it? 5 subs also a real headache as you're not very likely getting good points of your bench as no one is truly rested now.
I've made some shocking decisions and taking needles hits to try and catch someone in another mini league and it just keep backfiring. Joys of FPL tho I suppose! a lot of luck needed more than anything else.

Good post. Deffo a lot of patience needed, more than in my DNA. Just have to cement a top ten finish here and then dish out the prizes in a few weeks. I'm usually in the top ten at the end so I guess that's something of an achievement considering the other brains I'm up against. I'm also wondering how quick the turn around will be to the next season. Perhaps it will be just a four week break and off we go again!

Yeah every season I tell myself be a bit more patient, no offbeat transfers. I mean bringing in 2 Spurs attackers this week and dumping Salah! :confused:

Yeah every season I tell myself be a bit more patient, no offbeat transfers. I mean bringing in 2 Spurs attackers this week and dumping Salah! :confused:

What must you have been thinking?! I've been wanting to dump Kane for a few weeks now. Like Spurs, he looks completely impotent, desperate too, any time there is contact he pleads for a free-kick. Should have had a penalty first half, Spurs but for local reasons, I hope Bournemouth can somehow muster a win.

What must you have been thinking?! I've been wanting to dump Kane for a few weeks now. Like Spurs, he looks completely impotent, desperate too, any time there is contact he pleads for a free-kick. Should have had a penalty first half, Spurs but for local reasons, I hope Bournemouth can somehow muster a win.

Differential - clearly there’s a reason very few have Kane in their team. Also he has a great record against a hapless Bournemouth. Trust Spurs to prove me wrong!

Differential - clearly there’s a reason very few have Kane in their team. Also he has a great record against a hapless Bournemouth. Trust Spurs to prove me wrong!

I was just thinking though, despite his stats, clearly Spurs have creative problems and so Kane is just not getting service, even from the wing backs. Look at Aurier just then, couldn't cross a road.

You always see things clearly in hindsight and it was a big mistake my retaining Kane when 0.2m more gets me Aubameyang or 1m less for Vardy.

Mind you when things go wrong I do like to make some rather "woe is me" self-pitying posts 😜 doubt anyone's noticed 😇

Think I'm into 3rd. I'll be happy with that. Took a gamble. Mane out. No Liverpool attack!

Well I may well go past 60 points which is all down to Bruno.

This means that the top six is still possible with a trick or two up my sleeve.

The only issue is I'm wearing a t-shirt.

Yeah there's not many points separating 5-11. One average week for me kills any momentum since the restart. Kane would have been a good pick had Oliver and VAR done their jobs!

12 points with 4 players left!

Defence mustered a point between three of them and could have been worse as I heard Alexander-Arnold might have been sent off.

Still two chips to play and well set for a second successive top six finish.

Kane :mad: Looks like Greenwood is out after that red card tackle on his ankle by Romeu. So the other United attackers need to score well and Vardy too.