Fantasy Island Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Wow! Good review, but what a wasted opportunity to create something quite memorable, from an old but at the time irritatingly enjoyable source series.

It was terrible! Glad I had a free rental of this.

Thanks Cas - a real waste of some good actors, going by your review & the dodgey trailer.
I do remember the original, mostly because of Ricardo Montalban & the character Tattoo (The Plane, the plane!) :):):):)

For those that don't a little taste below:-

I seem to remember Herve Villechaize, who was also in the Bond film"The Man With The Golden gun" with Roger Moore, describing him as a "diseased sex maniac with unnatural lusts". Whilst that might sound amusing in reality he went on a downward spiral that ended with his suicide aged just 50. He blew (if that's the right description here) around £3 million on booze and women.

I also thought it was perfectly watchable for a Saturday night easy watch.

A fair review Cas, they missed absolutely everything that could have made this a great film and settled for meh instead, good actors wasted, terrible subplot and main plot was already pretty awful.

This will not go down in Blumhouse history as a moment to be proud of, such an all round waste of time, money and effort.

This is the highlighted 99c Movie of the Week on iTunes US.
But I have some Paint I urgently need to watch dry so I will give it a miss ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom