Fantasy Football League 2017-2018

Alli saved @When In Rome this week.

Im happy Kane didn't get the assist lol.

You'll have to speak up a bit - hard to hear you up here. :rolleyes:
It was a toss up between Alli and Eriksen for me as wanted two Spurs defenders for the clean sheet, looks like I chose the wrong one [emoji1]

It was a toss up between Alli and Eriksen for me as wanted two Spurs defenders for the clean sheet, looks like I chose the wrong one [emoji1]

There is the constant rotation problem with the Spurs defenders and after a wildcard you may need to get shot of one or both.

But Ben Davies last night was the reason Swansea didn't get behind to score. No bonus points foir him and surprise surprise I've had another whinge about the system on FIFA. :rotfl:

The BPS is just a joke. No bonus points for Dele who kept a clean sheet but two for Raheem who didn't. And nothing for Ben Davies who was basically the reason Swansea didn't get in to score while Kieran Trippier put one cross in all night and got three points - ridiculous. But we shouldn't be surprised; it's never made any sense and it ruins the game. Anyone else noticed that it targets one particular player [usually a central defender] and they get points no matter what they do? Last season it was Koscielny, this season it's Phil Jones. Conversely, if you need a striker, try Glenn Murray. A bonus points system should fairly reflect a players performance and it just doesn't - and I don't think they care or are going to improve things anytime soon.

So there are some changes I would like to make; Virgil van Dijk being one of them but the total points cost would only be 20 and not enough to warrant using the wildcard. That and the one chip left will be used end of season when we are poised to go top. :rolleyes:

There is the constant rotation problem with the Spurs defenders and after a wildcard you may need to get shot of one or both.

But Ben Davies last night was the reason Swansea didn't get behind to score. No bonus points foir him and surprise surprise I've had another whinge about the system on FIFA. :rotfl:

So there are some changes I would like to make; Virgil van Dijk being one of them but the total points cost would only be 20 and not enough to warrant using the wildcard. That and the one chip left will be used end of season when we are poised to go top. :rolleyes:
I mean one defender and Lloris, I opted for Vertonghen as he should be a starter every week.

Coutinho needs to come out my team and possibly Vardy, if I'm honest my wildcard was wasted as my front 3 and Coutinho did nothing.

Too pessimistic I feel. When you buy fresh paint, gve it time to dry.

Good choice of Lloris and Vertonghen, I'd stick with them.
Coutinho is definitely coming out possibly for Pogba [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Whaaaat? I thought Pogba was rubbish and does nothing for United? [emoji23]
He is and doesn't and won't be in my team lol

No free transfer this week?
Yeh there is
Screenshot_20180108-120432.png

Damn I must have used mine already.
I often do that if someone has a good Saturday or Sunday performance as that way I get them before the price increases.

I often do that if someone has a good Saturday or Sunday performance as that way I get them before the price increases.
Now I'm going to have to find out who I brought in. I hope it wasn't Coutinho! [emoji5]

Don't normally make a transfer until the day before, sometimes even up to the deadline. We could make one this week but I do like saving up two transfers, then you can juggle finance around more.

Don't normally make a transfer until the day before, sometimes even up to the deadline. We could make one this week but I do like saving up two transfers, then you can juggle finance around more.
I think I'll be doing two maybe three this week, Coutinho is out and I may use an extra two so I can take Eriksen +Vardy out so I can get Kane

Anyway I'll be off the forums for a couple of days now as I'm off to give my daughter away at 2.30 today and the party will be going on a while, enjoy your day :)

Used my wildcard after having 3/5 of my defenders fail to play a game in 4 weeks and my attackers struggling to find the goal. Transfer tactics heavily based on momentum as opposed to the previous failed tactic of "favorable fixture list"

Which type of fantasy football manager are you? - BBC Three

When going head-to-head with your mates, you negotiate a minefield of decision-making every week in the pursuit of pride, bragging rights, and – in some cases – a decent financial windfall. Who to pick? Who to captain? When to use that New Year wildcard?

A fun read this and do take part in the poll. :cool: I'm a strategist!

Last edited:
Finally it looks like a transfer is going to pay off lol.

Took an 8 point hit so I could take Coutinho out and get Kane (had to take Eriksen out as too many spurs players).

I just need to replace Willian next

Eriksen scores :facepalm:

That really was weird. I had my team page open and Dele Alli suddenly got an assist awarded, which was over two minutes before the fourth Spurs goal that he assisted happened on my radio commentary. o_O

I nearly took Willian out as wanted Arnautovic but couldn't afford him as 0.2m short

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom