Fantasy Football League 2017-2018

Deleted member 85154

Reaction score
We are back!

The 2016-17 AVF Fantasy Footie season was a great success with circa 20 members taking part and some great banter throughout the year. The official Premiership site is now allowing you to start tinkering and building your squad - LINKY. Similarly, the Apple and Android apps have now been updated should you wish to manage on those platforms.

I have renewed the league for this new season, so existing members of the 16-17 League will automatically be enrolled into this new 17-18 league at the start of Gameweek 1 - you guys do not need to do anything.

For new members, please Private Message me and I will provide you with the league code and also the relevant bank account details (see below as to why this is needed).

The following rules apply :

• Entry fee is £10. This is paid to a nominated account for the Fantasy Football and is held until the end of the season when the prizes are paid.
  • If this fee is not received by the end of Gameweek 3 then that team will be excluded from the league.
  • Prize fund split will be decided once we know final numbers. Generally we have prizes for the top 3 and also for the most points in a gameweek.
  • All teams must be entered prior to the start of Gameweek 1. No late entrants are allowed and no teams are permitted to join once the season has started.
  • Please post in here your AVF username and Fantasy Footie team name as soon as you join the league.
Best of luck all.....and let's not let an LFC fan win it again eh lads?

Prize Fund :

1st Place - £125
Runner Up - £75
3rd - £30

Most points in a gameweek - £50

League members :

Woodywizz : "Lukaku's Talking" (Paid)
Woodywizz's son Noah : "Woody's Wanderers" (Paid)
When In Rome : "Absolutely Fabregas" (Paid)
Taywax : "B#llsh!t" (Paid)
1000Cutts : "LoveUGumbo1664" (Paid)
A DoNK : "Ooh Ah Delia" (Paid)
YNWA1982 : "Jumpers 4 Goalposts" (Paid)
Tanglung : "Bobby's Washables" (Paid)
Synchro : "Twelve Angry Men" (Paid)
Istanbul05 : "Chicken Salah" (Paid)
Berglets : "HoldTheDoor" (Paid)
Rustybin : "Shenanigans" (Paid)
Theseus : "Insane In The Baines" (Paid)
Shatnerstactic : "Tacticstruck" (Paid)
mjward : "Tablecloth" (Paid)
Dony : "Drumgath Dynamo" (Paid)
Dony's Son, Rory : "Balotellitubbies" (Paid)
Ledgey7 : "Man Chest Hair United" (Paid)
Millerlfc : "All Miller No Filler" (Paid)
Benoj2005 : "Benos Barmy Army" (Paid)
Andy : "Don't Pjanic FC" (Paid)
Sebastalona : "Real Maroon" (Paid)
DIPESH14 : "1" (Paid)
TwoJs : "Show Me the Mane" (Paid)
Zer0 : "Mhki You're So Fine" (Paid)
Lefty XXIII : "Martial Farts" (Paid)
Geezus : "Millionaires XI" (Paid)
Showoff : "Tikka Mo Salah" (Paid)

**MOST POINTS IN A GAMEWEEK TRACKER**

Taywax - “B#llsh*t” : 131 pts (GW 37)

Last edited:
We all paid a tenner last year toward the prize fund - I'm happy to keep as is or increase to £20, thoughts people?

Also - prizes again for top 3 and most points in a gameweek....any other suggestions?

We all paid a tenner last year toward the prize fund - I'm happy to keep as is or increase to £20, thoughts people?

Also - prizes again for top 3 and most points in a gameweek....any other suggestions?

I'm happy to keep it at £10, not sure I could take the emotional damage of losing £20.

*Scottish*

I'm happy to keep it at £10, not sure I could take the emotional damage of losing £20.

*Scottish*

I know....but a bigger prize pot means more potential prizes though it may curtail people who participate. I'm happy to go with the majority vote.

Personally I think sticking at a tenner is a good idea. Hopefully get a few extra entrants with a lower buy in. Plus I was really close to winning cash last time and if I missed out again but for even more dough I'd have AVF to blame for my mental health. Lol

I'm in, happy to do a tenner as already joining a few others so don't wanna be spending too much lol

First post updated - we are go!

I've not played before so I'm in. Do I get a 10 point headstart or something?

No, no you don't [emoji23]

Welcome mate, I'll PM you code and bank details tomorrow.

First post updated with the teams that have so far joined - either automatically or newly created.

Joined! looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Tean Name - Show me da Mané

Changed to ' Ooh Ahh Delia '

Last edited:
Joined! looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Tean Name - Show me da Mané

I didn't realise you were a Liverpool fan!

*applies a minus 50 point reduction for Gameweek 1......dems da rulez

Being mistaken for a Liverpool fan. :eek: I don't feel so clever stealing that team name from some random league I was in now. Mistakes were made. :D

I should've kept with the classic Egg-Fried Reus.

Can you make as many changes to squad before GW1?

Bit reticent to enter a team this early into the window if that isn't the case.

I'll be same as last season, Real Maroon.

Can you make as many changes to squad before GW1?

Bit reticent to enter a team this early into the window if that isn't the case.

I'll be same as last season, Real Maroon.
Yeah. As many changes as you like up to the deadline for GW1

Yeah. As many changes as you like up to the deadline for GW1

I'm really happy with mine as is.....until some more transfers happen; then I will tinker

I'm really happy with mine as is.....until some more transfers happen; then I will tinker
I'm usually happy with mine. Until I watch other people score 80 points in a game week only for my sharp shooters to track up a whopping 25 and then I realise they are all a bunch of useless shites. Lukaku is in so that pretty much guarantees that he will go on his longest goal drought ever. [emoji23]

I picked 7 players I wanted and then auto-filled the rest. Couldn't bring myself to click Save my team so will have another go later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom