Fantasy Football 2012/13 - GAME ON!!

richp007

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Gentleman! (and a few Ladies)

It is time to find out who really knows what they're talking about in this section, and who the Adrian Chiles wannabes are! :lesson:

The game returns this season at -

Fantasy Premier League - The official fantasy football game of the Barclays Premier League

If you entered the league last year, you should automatically be re-entered again this year too :smashin:
However should something go wrong and that fail, merely select "Join league" and enter the code -

73367-24161

To mirror the everyday happenings of our favourite footy thread, I have renamed the league this year to -

"An AVF Scrap"

I wanted something better but we're restricted to 20 characters :rolleyes:

I have also created a head-to-head league suitably named -

"An AVF Brawl"

The code for that is 73367-24389.

I think that is all folks for now, so good luck to everyone! :thumbsup:

Richie :D

EDIT: Rousetafarian is running a private predict the score league. If anyone wants to play, this is his post with the info -

"Just a little extra, and I hope I'm not being rude but I am running a private AVF 'I know the Score' football prediction league, if anyone wants to join me before the season starts just PM me here. We have a manageable number at the moment.

This is the TalkSport hosted one and should be a bit of fun, alongside the Fantasy Football one."

Last edited:
I'm in them both, can't wait for it to get started.

In! Another season of rampant mediocrity awaits!

Looks like I'm already joined. Mid table beckons I'm thinking :rolleyes:

I noticed all the players coming from abroad have a fairly high starting price for buying them

Seen some decent buys already imo. Koscielny for 5.5 seems ok and coloccini for 5 is even better!

I've a feeling there will be a few more big signings before the end of the window. Just at least got a starting team done

just joined. 'Alex's dad' is my highly original name :)

i will have a rejig when the transfers are almost done.

Seen some decent buys already imo. Koscielny for 5.5 seems ok and coloccini for 5 is even better!

Get your hands off Colo, he's mine :D

I've signed up, couldn't think of a creative name so Tom's XI had to do.

I've signed up. Think the name was the Underachievers.

Last edited:
i need to check who came up.... i forgot ;) and tips for newly promoted players to look out for? Holt did me pretty well last year

liamt said:
i need to check who came up.... i forgot ;) and tips for newly promoted players to look out for? Holt did me pretty well last year

Lambert, rodriguez and lallana from southampton should all be good.

Any love for sturridge this year ?
Im think Chelsea with their summer spend have got to be good for some goals, but will they come from the young English lad or has Torres at last found his form ?

From speaking to few people and looking on net nobody seems to be considering Dan over the Spaniard

Any love for sturridge this year ?
Im think Chelsea with their summer spend have got to be good for some goals, but will they come from the young English lad or has Torres at last found his form ?

From speaking to few people and looking on net nobody seems to be considering Dan over the Spaniard

no doubt he is talented but is too greedy at the moment. i guess torres will be first choice striker this season as he has improved a fair bit back towards his old self

Still in need of some help and advice if I can

Had a shuffle and a play with my team – my aim has been to try and get a 50 / 50 mix of sure fire point scorers and lower priced gamble which not everyone has had (it served me ok in the past) – I have also gone for a similar strategy to previous years of having cheap defenders

So as it stands (and its not final) I have

Hart / Cerny (thinking here being to just leave Hart in all season and at same time no need for city defence)
Williams / Hangeland / Dawson (gamble but if he is Cpt great) / Demel / Fonte
Kagawa / Bale / Hazard / Ireland (again gamble but maybe get back to how good was at City) / Noble
Graham / Rooney / Torres

But I need help.
I know Kagawa and Hazard unproven risks but who else to use (considering the dgw for Chelsea) ?
Id like, by week 3 to change Torres to someone who will be playing that week, and really considering Aguero (has to be a regular starter / off the bench each game) but would need 1.5 million

So where to compromise ?
Im guess Keepers. But who should I use to claw back 1.5 million ?

I do have a good feeling about Kagawa. Someone than the wingers needs to contribute to the Utd midfield.

Any help I would be grateful for

Cheers

I've centered my team around mikel, hazard and mata just for chelseas double game week, otherwise I'd probs go for sigurddson and silva.
I'd say for second choice keeper get a 4.5 one, as you'll hopefully never use em. Same with two defenders.
I've got kagawa as I think hell be pretty mint but not too sure about Torres. Maybe for this week keep him but after that maybe change to aguero or even suarez/balotelli.
Anyone know why exactly chelsea have a double week?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom