Fantasy Football 2012/13 - GAME ON!!

PU6HY

Distinguished Member
I'm in my works one already so chucked my name in for this :thumbsup:
Messed about with a team but nothing final yet.

Only played the normal league so will have to read up on how the H2H one works.

Monkeytom95

Apparently he's had a good preseason, and he's only 5mil so he can be used as a backup midfielder.
Cheik doesn't know the meaning of 'friendly', watching some of the matches he's been lunging in from miles away taking the ball and every opposition player along with him :D

I can't remember half my team, might be worth having another look.

Edit: Might be being daft, but is there a way to view another person's team?

Last edited:

dUnKle

Monkeytom95 said:
Cheik doesn't know the meaning of 'friendly', watching some of the matches he's been lunging in from miles away taking the ball and every opposition player along with him :D

I can't remember half my team, might be worth having another look.

Edit: Might be being daft, but is there a way to view another person's team?
Not til its up and running

rousetafarian

Just a little extra, and I hope I'm not being rude but I am running a private AVF 'I know the Score' football prediction league, if anyone wants to join me before the season starts just PM me here. We have a manageable number at the moment.

This is the TalkSport hosted one and should be a bit of fun, alongside the Fantasy Football one.

richp007

Distinguished Member
rousetafarian said:
Just a little extra, and I hope I'm not being rude but I am running a private AVF 'I know the Score' football prediction league, if anyone wants to join me before the season starts just PM me here. We have a manageable number at the moment.

This is the TalkSport hosted one and should be a bit of fun, alongside the Fantasy Football one.
How dare you! :D

Nah that's fine mate. I'll use this post as a bump, and put your post in my original one too, so it won't be lost in here :thumbsup:

WildeKarde

Tiote is an amazing player (biased half Geordie) but what he does doesn't score him many points, looking at the number of points he got last year puts me off putting him in my team
Well just looking a the top five midfielders from last year would be:
Dempsey
Bale
Silva
Walcott
Van Der Vaart

Mata is sixth and Sessegnon seventh.
Top five would costs £47m so you could pick three out of the five (or from the seven) and then 2 cheaper players.

Cabaye is £7m or Larsson for £6.5m

iPooooon

WildeKarde said:
Dempsey
Bale
Silva
Walcott
Van Der Vaart

Top five would costs £47m so you could pick three out of the five (or from the seven) and then 2 cheaper players.

Tbh out of those five is say only silva and bale a guaranteed pointwinners. Walcott does have his period of amazing spells.
Most people will most likely be going for the likes of mata, hazard and lampard/ramires for chelseas double gw. Infact I was even thinking of going for cech over hart for gw1 then maybe use my wildcare in gw 2 or 3

Monkeytom95

Dempsey
Bale
Silva
Walcott
Van Der Vaart

As nice as it would be having them in my midfield, I've spent big upfront so I haven't got that sort of money to spend in the midfield, Cabaye being my most expensive midfielder, i've also had to go for the cheapest bench possible which could be a daft move if someone picks up an injury. Why can't I just be given an extra 20 million? :lease::D

Somebody will have to explain to me what the wildcards are, never done the premier league fantasy team before, only the sun one :)

iPooooon

Will clichy and zabaleta be used in citys new 3-5-2 formation, and atm I'm thinking clichy over zabaleta is that ok?

WildeKarde

As nice as it would be having them in my midfield, I've spent big upfront so I haven't got that sort of money to spend in the midfield, Cabaye being my most expensive midfielder, i've also had to go for the cheapest bench possible which could be a daft move if someone picks up an injury. Why can't I just be given an extra 20 million? :lease::D

Somebody will have to explain to me what the wildcards are, never done the premier league fantasy team before, only the sun one :)
Well I'm thinking 3-5-2 for a formation. Some of the midfielders pretty much play up front anyway so can be decent choices (thinking Dempsey and Sessegnon for example).

I took Silva last year and he started off so well then faded badly. Strikers I found were a bit erratic at times and also some teams don't play the same team each week so I was losing points from non playing.

I've taken a few gambles on players - hoping they not only get decent points but not everyone has them :D

WildeKarde

In this I would never use more than 3 defenders unless I had too, usually ill go 3-4-3
Yeah but you lose on potential clean sheets and defenders get the most points for scoring. All depends on the fixtures what I pick as a formation

iPooooon

WildeKarde said:
Yeah but you lose on potential clean sheets and defenders get the most points for scoring. All depends on the fixtures what I pick as a formation
I've got 2 city defenders so hopefully that'll have me sorted, and maybe coloccini can work his magic like last year

1mills

Joined up again, hopefully can do better in the Head to Head league this year, lost quite a lot by a few points last season

Monkeytom95

What?
You just pick how many of each position you want, min 3 defenders etc and it sorts out the formation for you
Ahhh, I was just filling every spot it had and was under the impression that only 4-4-2 was available with a sub for def/mid/str :eek::facepalm:

iPooooon

redcat1 said:
With micah richards out injured i'll say zabaleta will definately play either in a 3 or 4 defence
I was just wondering because I didn't know if mancini is likely to go with 3 centrebacks or if he does actually use fullbacks in his new 3-5-2 formation

redcat1

I was just wondering because I didn't know if mancini is likely to go with 3 centrebacks or if he does actually use fullbacks in his new 3-5-2 formation
Due to looking awful i can't see savic starting anytime soon and by the sounds of it kolo toure and mancini have fallen out so it doesn't leave much choice. I've got zabaleta in my team as my city defender

ronc01

Hi, 'RonGoneLong' Joined the League.
Are there any other Fantasy Games that AV has a League for?
Cheers
:)

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Brums in!

Really want the RVP deal to be sorted tomorrow so I can make a few changes before the weekend!

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Just joined both leagues, as a LFC supporter it pains me to do it, but got lampard in there as captain double points game week and he obviously takes all there penalties ;) !!

richp007

Distinguished Member
Uncle Gadget said:
Just joined both leagues, as a LFC supporter it pains me to do it, but got lampard in there as captain double points game week and he obviously takes all there penalties ;) !!
That's a 1 week ban for you! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom