Fantasy Football 2012/13 - GAME ON!!

dUnKle

iPooooon said:
I've centered my team around mikel, hazard and mata just for chelseas double game week, otherwise I'd probs go for sigurddson and silva.
I'd say for second choice keeper get a 4.5 one, as you'll hopefully never use em. Same with two defenders.
I've got kagawa as I think hell be pretty mint but not too sure about Torres. Maybe for this week keep him but after that maybe change to aguero or even suarez/balotelli.
Anyone know why exactly chelsea have a double week?
Its due to the super match or whatever you call it as they won champs league

Trying to figure out where Cazorla will fit in at Arsenal and how they will line up offensively at full strength (leaving out Jack and RvP for now). How close is this do you think?

Chesney
Sagna Verm Kosc Santos/Gibbs
Song Arteta
Walcott Cazorla Podolski
Giroud

Rotation or subs Ramsey / Chamberlain / Rosicky / Arshavin / Diaby / Gervinho

WildeKarde

I've been dithering on choices as well, not sure on chelsea players for mid or att positions and I can't say with anyone certainty that a player would play every week. I'm thinking chelsea will be 4-5-1 setup with torres as the main point

I quite like the look of arsenal for strikers as well, I think podolski will be a good choice. What about the newcastle strikers though? will they be as good as last year?

iPooooon

WildeKarde said:
I've been dithering on choices as well, not sure on chelsea players for mid or att positions and I can't say with anyone certainty that a player would play every week. I'm thinking chelsea will be 4-5-1 setup with torres as the main point

I quite like the look of arsenal for strikers as well, I think podolski will be a good choice. What about the newcastle strikers though? will they be as good as last year?
Cisse has gone up by loads but ba and ben arfa seem much more affordable.

iPooooon

redcat1 said:
Any fulham fans about ? I'm looking at having petric as my 3rd striker.
Tbh I'm sure you could do better for 6million. Like Danny graham, grant holt, rickie Lambert or jay rodriguez, etc

WildeKarde

Cisse has gone up by loads but ba and ben arfa seem much more affordable.
True but his goals to game ratio was quite impressive last season. Most of the better performing strikers have seen a decent hike it their prices :(

Wonder what Cazorla will be priced at? :rolleyes:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Glad I've seen this thread. I did this last year on a computer site forums and was surprisingly close to the top.
I'll be sure to sort a team out!

I much prefer this to the likes of the Sun Dream Team as you are more involved and can do things weekly.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Thanks for setting this up Richie....I'll be joining up soon.

Steve :smashin:

redcat1

Tbh I'm sure you could do better for 6million. Like Danny graham, grant holt, rickie Lambert or jay rodriguez, etc
Not convinced on holt or graham producing the goods again. Rodiguez i don't rate, lambert looks a good pick but saints have a tricky start.

dUnKle

I still cant decide on my opening weekend midfield - anyone able to advise on my current ideas

(a) Lampard / Bale / El Ghanassy / Kagawa / Yaya Toure
(b) El Ghanassy / Hazard / Bale / Silva / Ireland

Im thinking (as a United fan) that unless some serious changes happen (and we get RVP) that its going to be pretty much scrapping out a 1 nil win most games and cant see us being a huge attacking threat (hope im wrong) and as such thinking Kagawa not really worth gamble

So any suggest a midfield for between 38 and 39.5 million ?

iPooooon

dUnKle said:
I still cant decide on my opening weekend midfield - anyone able to advise on my current ideas

(a) Lampard / Bale / El Ghanassy / Kagawa / Yaya Toure
(b) El Ghanassy / Hazard / Bale / Silva / Ireland

Im thinking (as a United fan) that unless some serious changes happen (and we get RVP) that its going to be pretty much scrapping out a 1 nil win most games and cant see us being a huge attacking threat (hope im wrong) and as such thinking Kagawa not really worth gamble

So any suggest a midfield for between 38 and 39.5 million ?
What about:
Bale Silva Tiote Yaya and a 7million player such as Pienaar or Fellaini or maybe even Ramires

dUnKle

I feel, at least for game week 1 and the double games, I need someone from Chelsea (and as a United man that hurts) but no idea who

iPooooon

dUnKle said:
I feel, at least for game week 1 and the double games, I need someone from Chelsea (and as a United man that hurts) but no idea who
Same atm I've got Torres and Hazard but normally they wouldn't be in my team.

dUnKle

Same here
Mind how many of us who have Torres for just the first week would keep him if he gets a hatrick in those first 2 games ;)

Monkeytom95

What about:
Bale Silva Tiote Yaya and a 7million player such as Pienaar or Fellaini or maybe even Ramires
Tiote is an amazing player (biased half Geordie) but what he does doesn't score him many points, looking at the number of points he got last year puts me off putting him in my team

iPooooon

Monkeytom95 said:
Tiote is an amazing player (biased half Geordie) but what he does doesn't score him many points, looking at the number of points he got last year puts me off putting him in my team
Apparently he's had a good preseason, and he's only 5mil so he can be used as a backup midfielder.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom