Fantastically Detailed Panasonic PT-AE300 Review

Good find, just a shame the translation's so bad. Great pictures though.

Panasonic PT-AE300 Component (Cinema 1 Setting):
dg480c.jpg

Sony Cineza HS10 Component (Cinema Setting):
dg480p.jpg

Sony 12HT Component (Cinema Setting) (With Filter):
dg05onf.jpg

Epson TW100 Component (Theater Setting):
dg04cp1.jpg

Sanyo Z1 Component (Cinema Setting):
dg480c.jpg

Quite an interesting set of comparisons there. The colours and black level of the Epson TW100 look awesome here, closely followed by the Sony 12HT. The Panasonic PT-AE300 also looks razor sharp in terms of detail and seems to balance colours brilliantly. The Sony HS10's colours look slightly lighter and possibly a little more washed out than the Panasonic PT-AE300's, although that could be to do with calibration ect... Detail is also fantastic on the HS10. Looking good then, and this isn't even HTPC quality, or DVI-D quality :D

Oh by the way, I've also been hearing great things about peoples opinions on the screendoor issue regarding the PT-AE300. The majority seem to agree Panasonic are doing fantastic work in this area, and the smooth screen technology to reduce screendoor really does make a huge difference.

Yeah they all look pretty good apart from the Z1 which looks like it's got a blue/green wash over the picture. I'm pretty much settled on the AE300. The projector will be setup 9ft from the wall so the HS-10 is out and I don't think it's worth pushing the budget for the TW100. This will be my first PJ, never even seen one in action - so whatever I choose i'm sure I'll be happy.

The anti-screendoor stuff on the AE300 looks pretty amazing - just by looking at those avsforum pics show how much an improvement it is over the ae100.

and how much is it going to retail for here?;)

It's not definite that the ae300 will arrive in the UK, I think the ae200 will replace the ae100 - so the ae300 could retail for arounf £1600-1700 I guess. Can be had for £1280 inc delivery from Japan now.

oh bugger I'm tempted now.....

You're meant to say "no, delivery is a fortune!" so I don't go and bloody buy the thing!!!!

:D

I have a Toshiba 43" RPTV, but the thought of having an 83" projector setup is becoming bloody tempting, especially at pricejapan's prices :mad:

The AE300 picture looks really good I must admit - and that from a CRT man!

I better get out of here before I get spotted!
Paul

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom