1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastic service from UVEM HCPCs.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rob, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi All,

Just thought I'd post my thoughts on my latest venture back into HCPC, and particularly my experience with UVEM.

I originally built a PC myself about 2 years ago. Picture was great, but I was never able to get it to run smoothly, mainly down to my own lack of knowlege, so after alot of fideling I gave it up and went back into the stand-alone scaler.

Over the last few years I've tried, like many CRT owners several scaling options. Quadscan, Deuce, Cinematrix and most recently the Lumagen (Which is pretty good). The problem is that the "ultimate scaler" is never quite there, and by the time that it is, and all the bugs are ironed out, its out of date! and I could never quite match the quality in picture terms that the PC had given me.

So I decided to give it another go, only this time to get the help of somebody who knew what they were doing. I gave Phil from Uvem a ring, and within a couple of weeks I had a PC up and running. It looks and sounds fantastic.

Of course, the beauty of HCPC is that you can do so much more than just scaling. I love the ability to be able to rip movies and music to hard disc, and using a program like Xlobby to have the covers & info available, it just makes using it much more fun. Just sit back,click and watch. I can also make backup copies onto blanks, handy if you have little ones who don't always look after thier discs. Add a freeview tuner and everything is there in one box. It also looks great alongside the rest of my stuff (see pic)

So a big thanks to Phil. If you want somebody to make you a custom PC I can highly reccomend him. No more wasting money on hardware scalers for me. for the first time I've found what I've been looking for for the last 5 years! The service he gave was second to none. Fantastic.

Cheers Rob.

Attached Files:

2. RASH PATEL

RASH PATEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rob,
    Phil built my HTPC few months ago and I am thrilled about it.
    As you say, the service from Phil is nothing short of "Incredible",
    That's quite an asset these days !,

Best of Luck With your HTPC,

Rash

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I can only say the same....superb service,excellent aftersales advice,and a very reliable product that does exactly what we specified.

As both the other posts have said,Phil's service and knowledge are excellent...highly recommended.

4. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm another member of Phil's fan club. He has really gone above and beyond the call of duty tweaking my system. Highly recomended!!

5. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Well as no-one responded to my thread on recommended hardware, do you have any contact details for UVEM/Phil?

Edit: Found the website.

6. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Don't forget the forum here... (look above in the box at the top if you haven't found it already).

I'm sure Phil won't mind you PM'ing him with any questions you might have :) His forum user ID is halephil

K.