Fantastic Beamax Customer Support

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jkharmer, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jkharmer

jkharmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post a short message to say how positive my dealings with Beamax have been.

After searching for ages, I finally found and purchased a Tab Tensioned Screen from eBay. It was being offered for auction by Beamax in Belgium as an ex-demo / slightly soiled product. Once I had won the auction, I emailed them to ask whether I could also purchase an RF Remote and unit with it as well. All email correspondence were dealt with within 24 hours and before I knew it (I think 3 days later), the screen was delivered in suitably robust packaging.

The next step was to install the screen, which turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. The remote worked great and averything was fine. That was until I tried to set the auto stop height! No matter how much I tried, I could not get the auto stop height to change - I tried turning the right way, then the wrong way. In the end, I emailed Otto (who frequents this forum) and he gave me a few tips (which did not work). After a couple of days, he offered to send the courier to pick it up, they would see if it was faulty, set the drop I required and then courier it back - all for no extra charge. I took him up on this a a week or so later, I had the screen back, perfectly set to my required drop.

I must say that the customer service I received was excellent and I would recommend Beamax to anybody looking to purchase a screen both for the high quality of the product (M-Series Tensioned Screen) and the cracking customer service.

Well done Beamax and Otto!

James

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,101
    Agreed, Top bloke, top company, Top customer service. It's only when it goes wrong that you realise how valuable support like that is.

Gordon