Fans on Panasonic - Info please

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by 911uk, Oct 25, 2002.

1. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I've owned a 42pw4b for several months now, totally silent running, but the past couple of days I've noticed two fans running (one either end of the unit), the fan noise isnt intrusive (not like the buzzing thing Ive heard about - but don't experence). Is this a fault? should they be temperature controlled? They come on immediately I switch the display on.

They may have always been running of course and just got louder??!

Cheers,
    Phil.

2. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil,

I didn't think the 42" Panny had any fans:confused:

3. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doh, yes , my mistake - I can only think that this is the "buzzing" thing everyone else has been talking about.

What I can't understand though is why the screen has been fine for months, but now it's started buzzing. Very confussed. Is it worth me contacting Panasonic? Do they send someone out, or do you have to send the thing back?

Cheers all,

Phil.

4. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    It's quite a bit less time, but I didn't notice the buzzing at first for a few days either. If you want to have the unit examined then you'll need to send it back to Panasonic, but be warned there was a thread on the US avsforums that mentioned all returned units were within spec and no alterations were made. I sent mine back for this reason, it came back entirely the same after six weeks.