Fans getting louder on Panny VT20

TWH

Standard Member
I picked up the P50VT20B last November, and so far it's been fantastic. However, in the last week or so, the fans have gotten noticeably louder and it's not a constant sound, more a harmonic wave sound which makes it more noticeable still!

Just wanted to check if anyone else has come across this before I call Costco Concierge services to get them to come have a look!

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
I picked up the P50VT20B last November, and so far it's been fantastic. However, in the last week or so, the fans have gotten noticeably louder and it's not a constant sound, more a harmonic wave sound which makes it more noticeable still!

Just wanted to check if anyone else has come across this before I call Costco Concierge services to get them to come have a look!
Have you checked there not just needing a quick clean?
There maybe a build up of dust in the fans.

TWH

Standard Member
Is it easy to get to the fans - I've not taken an in depth look round the back at them as yet.

The other thing is I've read in several places that the fans shouldn't run most of the time, only if the TV is running too hot - is this correct as my old PV500 had the fans running all the time? I have noticed that there's a fair amount of heat coming off the screen when I get close to switch it off - never noticed that with my old set?

The latest video from AVForums

Klipsch The Sevens Powered Speaker Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom