Fancy becoming a Laird or a Lord with your own piece of real estate in Scotland

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Yup and you'll be doing a good service in helping to preserve the forests and wildlife from predatory developers in the process.Just think of it 1 sq foot of prime land that cannot be used for anything else for 30 quid plus you get to change your bank accounts ,credit cards , driving licence etc .You'll have new respect shown to you, doors opened and preferential treatment at restaurants.Now lets see i could be Laird McSiete ,the only gardening laird in the south of England:smashin:Not sure about a kilt though
Buy a title and become a Lord, Laird or Lady | Get your Lord Title, Laird Title or Lady Title

Jenn

Novice Member
I've been a Lady of Loch Borralan for 8 years.

It totally changed my life!

...not really :)

Lee

From the website....

'A map of Glencoe Wood & directions. Instructions on how to visit & find your personal plot.'

At a square foot in the middle of a wood, trying to find your own bit could be a bit tricky.

Lee

Can it be that accurate to take you to the square foot?

kav

Distinguished Member
I own a couple of acres of the moon. My great-grandchildren could be millionaires... :rolleyes:

Jenn

Novice Member
I'm no expert at this but from what I understand the coordinates are to within a few inches.

Maybe someone can confirm, longitude being -4.948057 for example.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
yeah i think they can , I've got a sad mate who's into geo caching (think that's what they call it )

hey - geo-caching is cool!

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I'm currently selling plots on Mars. Could I put you down for a couple of them too :D

You think way too small - I'm selling Jupter *and* Saturn - £ £ £

kav

Distinguished Member
I'm currently selling plots on Mars. Could I put you down for a couple of them too :D

No joke, I think I might have received an acre on Mars or Venus too. They were popular gifts around the turn of the century - my wife and I both have some, and my kids have been "given" stars too. Nice earners for whoever came up with the idea. :)

You think way too small - I'm selling Jupter *and* Saturn - £ £ £

Hey, you must be a con-man - Jupiter and Saturn are gaseous so buying land there would be pointless! :mad:

Last edited:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
my wife just had a good idea.She suggested i by a sq ft for my sister because it would be well appreciated."Lady Giles of Croydon", hmm yes has a certain ring about it:devil:

Last edited:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Can it be that accurate to take you to the square foot?

A quick google lead me to GPS manufacturer Garmin who claims theirs are accurate to 15m - which suggests the answer is no.

Lee

yeah i think they can , I've got a sad mate who's into geo caching (think that's what they call it )

I'm no expert at this but from what I understand the coordinates are to within a few inches.

Maybe someone can confirm, longitude being -4.948057 for example.
Could be alright then

A quick google lead me to GPS manufacturer Garmin who claims theirs are accurate to 15m - which suggests the answer is no.
Oh, maybe not.

I'd hate to buy a foot and then be done for cutting wrong bit :D

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I've been a Lady of Loch Borralan for 8 years.

It totally changed my life!

...not really :)

Well it's a bit of silliness really isnt it? Did you bother changing your name by deedpoll?

It might tickle my Mrs, but then she's already a doctor, which is good on papers...

riprse

Novice Member
My daughters did that for there dad a few years back. It entitles myself & daughters to use the title lady as well. My youngest daughter likes to use the title on her bank cards & store cards. I never used it but it amuses her.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I agree.
An English accent from a kilt-wearer isn't pleasant to hear.:nono:
Strangely common up here though.
If I'm at a function, I often joke that the kilt wearers will be English.

Well if they are a member of the Scottish aristocracy more than likely they will speak with a clipped "English" accent or maybe they are just plain old Anglo Scots like Rod Stewart.Then there is Gordon Ramsey who must have taken elocution lessons for some daft reason

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage