1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fancy adjusting your Canon Autofocus?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by RobertP, Aug 18, 2005.

1. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been looking at this french site (not that my french is up to much) which has pictures and instructions for altering the AF distance by turning an adjusting screw inside the camera.

The site shows a 350D but I just looked inside my 20D and it has the same screw. My camera varies between spot on and slightly back focused when I try testing it on targets - not enough to try messing with anything.

It's an astronomy related site and also has a link showing how to butcher your D70 for IR sensitivity improvement (in English).

All interesting reading but I won't be trying any of it :D

2. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    My 20D has a massive forward focus problem with my 24-85. Only noticed it recently as i typically only use the lens for landscapes at f8-11, but had to use it wide open at my boys birthday party and all the shots were way off. On the focus sheet the point of focus is at the back limit of the depth of field. Odd thing is it seems like a lens problem as my others are all bob on, but the 24-85 is fine on my old 30E. Not sure i'll be digging around to "fix" the problem... i'll just focus it manually now i know there's a issue.