• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

fan speeds newbie question

risheet03

Established Member
hi i just got my ps3 today and was wondering how i change fan speeds and such and if there are any other tips that i could use please go ahead

cheers

ps. connected via hdmi to tv

D

Deleted member 174041

You cant change the fan speeds, you must ensure that it is well ventilated though...

Matt543

Established Member
hi i just got my ps3 today and was wondering how i change fan speeds and such and if there are any other tips that i could use please go ahead

cheers

ps. connected via hdmi to tv

There is no way to turn the fans RPM down (there is but not worth it) I have my PS3 up right and I have no problems with noise only when the drive is reading a disk.

Just make sure it is well ventilated and if possible standing up right and not lying down.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Allows the heat to escape easier.

Matt543

Established Member

To be honest with you I done really know, I am only quoting what others have said in the past.

I think it’s to do with the way heat is vented out, so if its standing up, only the vent at the top gets hot where as when its lying down the whole of the top get hot making the fans spin faster?

MattZani

Banned
can you hear it when playing games at standard TV level? if so then it might be a noisy one.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom